Six - "Not my words sir, but yours. Remember?"

Chapter Six

Pia's POV

"Good morning, Mr. Stavrakos."

Calliope's appearance did not alter the situation. Those dark eyes watching me like a hawk continued to drill me. I wished the floor would open and swallow me under.

"I'd like to introduce you to Miss Pia Rosi. She's the sister of the other Miss Rosi, who had a minor accident," she went on, "Miss Rosi here, will manage your mansion until her sister can take over, assumingly in two months."

He did not look at Calliope, but continued to stare at me.

"I see," he shifted his eyes to Calliope and Tess, then muttered, "You can leave now. Thank you."

I sighed with relief, and turned to leave with the two women in a hurry, but the Master said.

"Except for you Miss Rosi. I'd like to talk to you, alone."

My heart hammered so fast. Definitely, he would talk about the incident earlier.

Darn it. Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?

The click of the door indicated that I was alone with him. My heart pounded so hard, and cold sweat ran down on my back.

The dining room was so huge, but I felt the room was getting smaller. The air was thinning, it was suffocating me.

I bowed my head, holding my hands together, as I waited for him to speak.

"Don't look like a scared rabbit, Miss Rosi," he said in a voice as cold as an iceberg. "I don't have a habit of getting back with a mouse. I only deal with wolves."

Did he just call me a mouse? That's uncalled for.

I looked up at him, and answered, matching his coldness, "thank you. SIR. That is very kind of you."

He stood still, holding my eyes, like two rockets ready to aim.

"Do you have a habit of making assumptions, Miss Rosi? That is not a good trait."

The blow of the insult hit me hard, like a direct punch on my face.

"I usually don't. Sir. It depends on the person I'm dealing with."

I saw his mouth tighten. He looked down briefly, then gave me an evil smirk.

"For the record, I haven't been mistaken as a driver."

"You made me believe that you were."

"Correction, Miss Rosi. I didn't pretend. You assumed right away."

"You should have corrected me. Instead, you played along. You let me go on thinking that you were.

He scoffed, "so you're blaming me, with your actions," he sat down behind the dining table, opened the white cloth napkin and put it on his lap.

"I'm just stating a fact, Sir."

He may think that he rules the world, but someone should put him in his place.

He chuckled, then sipped his coffee. He was taking time to answer, obviously thinking of a good comeback.

"I admit I found the incident amusing," his dark brows lifted, his eyes gleamed with laughter, "you were so funny."

Typical rich spoiled arrogant guy. He thinks that everything is amusing in his eyes. I won't be surprised if next time, he'll ask me to dance in front of him!

"It's my honor and privilege to be a source of your amusement, sir," I answered in a mild tone.

He chuckled aloud, "my... my... do you always talk back like this, Miss Rosi?"