Thirty Seven - "I'm dying to kiss you now."

Chapter Thirty Seven

Pia's POV

Kristov and I ended up eating in a fast food restaurant near my alma mater, New York University. We had burgers, fries, chicken grilled salad, and soda.

We sat across each other on a small table, eating, talking, laughing, flirting... and holding hands.

"What did you do today?"

"Hm..." he swallowed his food first, then wiped his mouth, "I went to the lighthouse."

"Did you paint?"

He nodded, "several of them," then smiled wickedly, "I did a painting of you."

"Aww... I can't wait to see it."

"Sure. But only when it's done," he assured me.

"I can't wait," I smiled sweetly at him.

His eyes raked at my face, then settled on my lips, "stop being so cute. You're torturing me."

"I'm not being cute."

He whispered, "you are... and so damn hot and sexy. I'm dying to kiss you now," he cleared his throat, "I need a distraction."

I chuckled when he took a big bite of his burger, and ate so fast.

We shifted our topic to my life in University. I told him that I stayed in a flat during my first year, because my schedule was hectic. My early class starts at seven, and my last class ends at nine in the evening.

"I never went to a university," he admitted.

"Oh, really?"

"I wish I did," he pressed his lips briefly, "I only had online classes. One year in business management, two years in software engineering, and another two in robotics and automation."

"Did you start working for your family business early?"

"Yeah," he wiped his mouth with a table napkin, "after the accident, I asked dad if I could help him in the business. He agreed and told me to report to the office the following day and assume my late brother's job."

"That must be so tough for you?"

"It was. I just turned 19, and I don't have any idea in running a business. I worked and studied at the same time," he took a sip of his soda, then continued talking, "Jack helped me get a mentor, who became my financial consultant. I also hired a top caliber corporate lawyer, who guided me in my decisions, and a well-trained executive secretary. They're still with me now."

"Wow, that's amazing. So all you did was work and no play," I grabbed some fries, eating them slowly.

"I enjoy working. The challenges in closing a deal are fun for me."

"I'm happy that you think of work that way, and it's not forced on you," I took a sip of my soda, then asked, "I wonder, why are you linked with so many women?"

His dark brows rose instantly, giving me a questioning look, "why do you keep on shifting our topic to the women associated with me? You shouldn't be jealous, they don't mean anything to me."

"Excuse me, I'm not jealous," I rolled my eyes, "I'm just curious to know. You dated heiresses, princesses, supermodels, celebrities... and a bunch of hot girls."

"A bunch? That's exaggerating," he chuckled, "okay, I'll tell you. When I started working in the family business, I traveled a lot. Dad sent me to different countries to close business deals... as my training. Most of the time, when a major deal is signed, a new business partner throws parties to celebrate the venture. So they bring their family, colleagues, friends and some famous people."