Twenty Two - "Make sure she'll come."

Chapter Twenty Two

Kristov's POV

"How do you make a girl like you?" I asked Jack, who was driving the car, on our way to the office.

He looked at me in the rear mirror, his forehead furrowed.

"I'm not an expert on women, I can't even find someone to marry," he chuckled, "but I learned from my married friends that you just have to show the real you, sir."

My mouth thinned with displeasure, "she doesn't like the real me. She rejected my invitations."

"That is hard to believe, sir," he looked surprised, "no woman ever rejected you."

"Well, she did," I groaned aloud, "to think that she's the only woman that I've ever liked."

"If you don't mind me asking sir, what's her reason?"

"She said," I exhaled heavily, "she doesn't date a guy like me."

"You mean, a young handsome billionaire, who runs a multi-billion dollar company? Isn't that what girls are looking for as a boyfriend?"

"I wish she does," I pressed my lips tightly, "but she's different."

"Maybe, she's playing hard to get."

"Definitely not. She rejected me twice, bluntly," I twisted my lips bitterly, remembering the phone call last night, "nobody plays hard to get on me. Women knew, I don't chase."

"But it seems like you're ready to chase this girl now."

"I would, and I'm not giving up until she says yes."

"You like her that much?" his brows raised in surprise, "she must be really pretty."

"She is," I smiled at the thought of her, "she's clumsy, blunt and rude, with a very sharp tongue, but...I adore her. She's the cutest, funniest, and loveliest girl I've ever met."

"Girls like that are often taken. Maybe she has a boyfriend, that's why she rejected you?"

"Nope, she doesn't. But if she has... I don't think that would stop me from trying," I let out an exasperated sigh, then remembered, "by the way, Garner is still our head gate guard right?"

"Yes, sir. Cameron Garner. What about him?"

"I want you to transfer him to my Texas mansion, immediately. Find someone to replace his job at the gates."

"But he's doing an excellent job guarding the gates, sir. It would take another training, not just for him, but the rest of his team. It's risky to pull him out immediately, for your safety and the people inside."

"I don't give a damn," I hissed, "just follow my instruction."

"As the head of the security team, may I ask your reason, sir?

Should I tell him the truth that I don't want Garner to be near Pia? Jack would think that I was being shallow.

On the other hand, maybe it's better to watch Garner at bay. Even if I assign him in Iraq, he would find a way to contact Pia if he's determined to pursue her.

"Forget my instructions, Jack, and keep your eye on the road," I dismissed the topic and opened my phone. I went to my recent calls... and stared at Pia's number.

What am I gonna do with you Pia Rosi. You're driving me crazy!

____

"I have high hopes for you, my son. I'm sure you'll get that land in Mexico. We can build the biggest shopping center in the world," dad said over our video call. He was already in India having a grand vacation in an exclusive beach resort.