Thirty - "Who says it's a date?"

Chapter Thirty

Pia's POV

I woke up early, admiring the beautiful scenery by my window. The sun started to shine, the birds chirped and the flowers bloomed so lovely.

I finished my shower and changed to my new fitted maid's uniform. It was way more comfortable wearing it, and I did not have to fold the sleeves anymore.

I was on my way to the servant's dining hall to have my breakfast when I bumped at Jack in the garden.

"You have to wake the master up, it's thirty past six and he's still asleep," his forehead furrowed.

Kristov Stavrakos' normal routine was to wake up at five in the morning. He would go for a run, either around the estate or inside the gym if it was too cold outside. At around six, he would take his shower, shave and change to his elegant business suit. And at seven, he would be having his breakfast already.

"Is he okay?" I asked, suddenly concerned for his welfare.

"I really don't know. He seemed okay yesterday, except for a back pain, which he often complains about."

"He has back pain issues?"

"Yeah, he often has since the car accident," he answered, then looking pensive, "but it does not stop him from going to the office. I wonder if FREDA is broken again. He relied on that A.I. to wake him up."

"I'll go and check on him now," I said, then went directly to the mansion.

I pressed the passcode in the digital lock, and entered inside his bedroom. Either FREDA was broken or turned off because my presence was not detected by her.

I saw Kristov in the center of his king-sized bed, lying on his stomach, wearing white shirt and gray sweatpants. The comforter was kicked at the foot of the bed, and half of it on the floor.

I felt guilty of waking him up, he was sleeping soundly.

I could not help but admire his arresting look for a moment. His sexy messy hair, his striking chiseled face like those of the Greek gods, his nice-looking veiny hands and gorgeous tall lean body.

Stop it, Pia! You said no to him, so stop drooling yourself like a fickle-minded teenager.

I moved closer to him, tiptoeing. My eyes kept watching him, in case he would stir.

I stopped at the foot of the bed, thinking whether to proceed at the left or right side of the bed. I went to the left, where his face was facing.

I have to touch him to make sure that he's well. He could be running a fever like the last time.

I noticed his eyelids were swollen. Did he have some allergies? Or he had been crying all night?

Gently, I leaned closer to him and touched his arm. A bit hot, but probably just normal.

"Sir?," I said very softly like a whisper, "wake up, or you'll be late in the office."

He stirred, then slowly opened his eyes.

"Wakey-wakey," I smiled at him, but he just continued to stare at me.

Before I knew what was happening, he grabbed my wrist and hauled me onto the bed with him.

"Ahhh!!!" I shouted.

The next thing I knew, my back was pressed against the mattress, and Kristov was lying on top of me.

I froze, staring at him in shock.

"If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up," he grinned, then buried his face against my neck.