Twenty Eight - "She's not leaving."

Chapter Twenty Eight

Kristov's POV

I arrived home after another hectic day. I took a shower and went down to the living room and asked Hector for a cup of coffee.

"Are you expecting some guests sir?" Hector asked.

"No."

"The guard called to tell you that Luis Rosi and his wife are here wanting to talk to you."

I was surprised that Pia's parents wanted to see me. What could be the reason? Didn't they just arrive on vacation?

"Let them in," I told Hector, then settled on the couch, checking my emails while I waited for my coffee.

Everytime I see Luis Rosi in the office now, it seems like that day he warned me that his daughter is off limits in the secluded garden, never happened.

I could see he was a very protective father and wanted safety for his daughter. Clearly, I was every father's nightmare for their daughter, being a delinquent teenager.

It was common knowledge to everyone who knew my family, what a black sheep I was. The reason people talked back against me, saying crazy things and that included, never earning respect from everyone.

"They're here, sir," Hector announced and the guests entered the living room.

"Mr. Stavrakos, good afternoon... or good evening rather," Luis Rosi greeted, and introduced his wife.

"Have a seat," I invited after we shook hands and exchanged pleasantries, "to what do I owe the honor of your visit, Mr. and Mrs. Rosi."

"I apologize for bothering you, sir. But I saw Joon Park at the airport and told me that he met my sister, Olympia Rosi here in your mansion."

Unsure how to answer, at the mention of Pia's disguise, I agreed.

"Yeah, that's right, when I invited the Parks here for dinner."

His eyes grew big in a panic, "but sir, my sister's name is Jodie, and she's recovering right now because of an arm injury. I believed you allowed her to get better until she'd start working for you. And whoever this Olympia Rosi that is working with you now, is an impostor!"

"Exactly, Mr. Stavrakos," Mrs. Rosi said in agitation, "we don't know such a person and we want to clarify that we're not connected to her. Whatever scheme this Olympia Rosi is up to, it has nothing to do with us."

It seemed like I already had an idea of what was going on. If Pia tried to fool me with her disguise, she probably hid the fact that she's working here for me.

"I believe someone here can help explain the situation," I called out to Hector, "tell Miss Rosi that I want to talk to her."

Pia's POV

"Pia?!" Mom looked shocked when she saw me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my parents, shifting my eyes from one to another.

"What are you doing here?," Mom countered my question. She was as surprised as I was.

Dad stood up, looking so upset at me.

"Exactly. Why are you here?"

"I... I work here," I stammered.

"You work here?" Dad looked at me with disbelief.

"Yes," I nodded, "for a month already."

"My goodness, so, you're Olympia Rosi?" Mom raised her hands heavenward, "since when did you change your name? I thought you like your name? And why pretend to be your dad's sister, huh? Aren't you proud of being our daughter anymore?"

"Shh," Dad stopped Mom from freaking out, his expression became relaxed, "I think I know what's going on here."

"You do?" Mom started to calm down.

Dad nodded and turned to the master, "I apologize, Mr. Stavrakos. There has been a miscommunication here. Pia told us that she's working as a researcher on a very confidential project that involves the government and the United nations. Now I get what she means. I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were the writer she works for. Rest assured, that I'll keep things confidential as it is."

The master's dark brows rose, as he shifted his eyes from me to my father. No doubt he knew what was going on here, that I lied to my parents about working here.

Darn it, he was taking too long to answer, sipping his coffee slowly, keeping the suspense. I knew that look, he was amused, on how chaotic the scenario was.

"Your daughter doesn't work as a researcher for me, and I never thought of writing a book at the moment."

Now he said the truth, like casually talking about the weather.

Dad looked at me, frowning angrily, then back at the master.

"Then what is she doing here?"

"She's working as my housekeeper."

"A housekeeper?" dad asked, clarifying if he heard right.

"Yes. She does the usual housekeeping stuff... mopping the floor, vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, scrubbing the toilet, cleaning the windows and other things."

"Seriously?!" Mom exclaimed, then faced me, "we didn't send you to New York University, earned a History degree and work as a housekeeper!"

"Dad... mom... let me explain."

"You must give us a good reason, Pia!" Mom exclaimed shamelessly, making me cringed.

"Can we talk somewhere," I glanced at the master, feeling very humiliated already, "I mean, just the three of us, in private?"

"No! You have to tell us in front of Mr. Stavrakos, so he'll know that we have no idea about this," Mom demanded. Her lack of finesse and decency sometimes irritated me.

While the master leaned backward, relaxing, seeming to enjoy watching the awkward situation that I was in.

"I came here in favor of aunt Jodie. You know she's badly injured, and she needed a replacement for two months. It was very hard to find one, and Calliope, the one that she would be taking over, had to leave..." I explained for about three minutes, "since I'm still waiting to get hired from NYU, I took her job."

"I'm so disappointed in you, Pia. You lied to us!" Mom grunted, "so, that's why everything is confidential! You even included the United Nations and WHO!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm just doing this for aunt Jodie. Working here is her dream job, same as my working in NYU. I may never get my dream, but at least, she will get hers."

"This is too much to process, I can't think straight right now," Mom muttered.

"We're terribly sorry, Mr. Stavrakos for this trouble," dad said to the master, "with your permission, we have to take our daughter home. We can't allow her to work as your housekeeper anymore, sir."

The master's calm expression was gone.

"I'm afraid that is not possible, Mr. Rosi."

Dad's expression turned to worry, "why sir?"

"She signed a two month contract," the master said firmly.

"Surely, we can bend it a little, sir?" Dad tried to lighten the mood, by smiling widely, "it's only a housekeeping job... besides we can easily find her a replacement to work for a month."

The master did not like what he heard, his eyes turned darker as he riveted his eyes at dad.

"A contract is a contract, Mr. Rosi, it is legal and binding. No one can contest it," he stood up, looking so tall, and dangerous. His eyes riveted at me, "she won't leave my mansion until it ends."