ii. whipped cream trouble

September 13th, 1983

Sintego Bar and Grill

11:15 p.m.

"Jack, iced

"Jack, iced." I requested as I sat down at the bar.

"Put whatever she gets on my tab, Ronnie." David told the bartender, leaving back to a waiting Jonny outside. This was a terrible fucking night, getting wasted all on David seemed like a plan.

Just as I finished downing my first glass, I felt someone sit next to me. "Impressive," The soft voice hummed. I turned my head and it was the quiet guy from earlier. I shrugged my shoulders, leaning forward on the counter, signaling for shots. "I'm Kirk." He introduced himself.

"Nice to meet ya Kirk, care for some shots? All on David."

He smiled, sucking in air through his teeth as he thought. "Eh, why the fuck not?" And we grabbed our glasses. "Cheers,"

"Cheers." We clinked our glasses and downed the burning liquid, exhaling deeply after and laughing at each other. "Kirk, you're already my favourite." I smirked at him, taking another shot.

"That's good to hear. Sorry about Lars earlier, he's just like that," He downed another shot after me. I joined him in his drinking and we finished the round.

Around two hours passed of drinking, laughing and talking, and Kirk and I were getting along together wonderfully. I don't know if it was the booze in my blood, but I liked him. Maybe this tour wasn't gonna be living hell afterall. He was quite charming, actually.

"God David's gonna kill me for this tab." I giggled, a smug smile plastered on my face.

"I don't think anyone could stay mad at you," Kirk comforted me. "D'ya wanna find the others?"

"Sure, let's see what those crazy fuckers got themselves into." I laughed, getting up from the stool. Thank god Kirk had already gotten up, for if he didn't then no one would've been there to catch me as I began falling face first to the hardwood floor. "Shit, thank you." I held onto his black leather jacket for dear life as he helped me back onto my feet.

"Need some help?" He tried to hold down his laugh, but it poked through his shaky question.

"I think that's a good idea." I taunted him as he let me put my arm around his shoulders and lean on him for support. We somehow found our way through the sea of bodies and backstage, where the bands were all on their shenanigans again. David was dozing off on the couch, and the blonde who Kirk told me was James, Charlie and Don were creeping up on him with cans of whipped cream. Everyone was silent as they snickered their way over to him. "They're looking for trouble," I leaned close to Kirk's ear to whisper so no one but him could hear. His grip on my waist tightened as my breath hit the side of his neck, eyes glued to the scene displaying in front of him.

James sprayed whipped cream on his crotch while Don and Charlie did his nipples. I covered my face with my hand, hiding my smile at their devilish antics. Guess I didn't have to worry about David getting upset with the bar tab.

Kirk helped me over to the three snickering idiots, where I smacked the back of their heads.

"Ow!" James whisper-shouted, rubbing the back of his head.

"Bitch." Charlie snickered.

"When he wakes up he's gonna kill you!" I slurred, causing them immediately to pay attention how I got in here and who was wrapped around me to hold me up. Their faces turned up with evil grins.

"Where were you two the past 2 and a half hours?" Don asked, crossing his arms.

"Fuck off, David gave me a free drinking opportunity and Kirk joined me. What's wrong with that?" I said a little too loud, almost waking the sleeping David. James kept looking between Kirk and me.

"Kirk what are ya doing?" He asked his intoxicated friend.

"Livin'." He replied, seemingly like it was the most serious thing he's said all night.

"God you're both shitfaced." James lost it, laughing with the others. My face turned red again, but Kirk was too scared to let go of me, now both of us supporting each other. I internally thanked god he was there because my legs were jelly by now.

"C'mon, Astra, let's getcha home." Charlie finally stated, taking over Kirk's position. "So we'll see you guys tomorrow at noon at the studio?"

"Yep." Cliff confirmed from the sidelines.

The guys exchanged their goodbyes, Don saying mine for me as I could no longer form complete sentences, and we left the room, on our way to the car.

"So did you and Kirk... talk or... kiss... or anything?" Charlie asked without needing to whisper anymore.

"Shut the fuck." Was all I managed to get out, causing more snickering from my bandmates.

"What the fuck!?! Who's fucking responsible for this!?" We heard David scream from the band room.

"Sleeping beauty's awake, let's scatter!" Charlie chuckled, running for the door.