iv. movie stars and lead guitars

September 14th, 1983

Teenage Wasteland's Apartment

7:42 p.m.

"Are you excited for your date?" Charlie leaned over the fridge door, gazing at me as I stocked it with beers

"Are you excited for your date?" Charlie leaned over the fridge door, gazing at me as I stocked it with beers. I turned my gaze to him, rolling my eyes letting out a breathy laugh.

"It's not a date. We're just gonna watch some movies. Now please, guys, go to some club or something and go fuck some chick or something." I shut the fridge door and leaned against the countertop, tapping my fingers against the smooth granite.  

"If it's not a date, then why d'ya wanna be alone?" He snickered, the sound of the sizzle and pop of a beer opening following his annoying curiosity. 

"Fuck it, stay if ya want. Nothing's gonna happen." I skipped into the bathroom, fixing my makeup, only to be followed by the ever so growingly annoying Charlie. 

"Why are ya dolling yourself up? You already look good enough to make any man fall to his knees."

"Cute. Gimme a sip of that beer." I said, grabbing the can. He yanked it away, holding it close to him like a mother protecting her child. "What? Does baby need his bottle?" I pouted my lip in sarcasm.

"No, I don't want lipstick rings." He waved the can by the rim, leaving me to my buisness.

Living with men was a difficult thing. We'd fight alot. There was a hole in the drywall from my fist once missing Charlie's face, a burn in the carpet in Don's room from me taking a lighter to a can of his hairspray and trying to burn him, and Don once broke a window by throwing Charlie into it. Me and Charlie even almost dated once. I'm kinda glad we didn't, dating people in you band never ends well, and he's a fucking asshole. All we do now is makeout when we're drunk, nothing more. Don and I have made out once while tripping on heavy acid, and never spoke about it again. I tapped red tint onto my lips with my finger, and heard a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it!" I yelled, running to the door before the others could get to it and pull some stupid ass shit. I opened the door to a smiling Kirk, six pack in hand. "Hiya Kirk, come on in!"

He stepped inside and shut the door behind them, waving at Charlie and Don with a cheeky smile plastered across his face. "Nice place, I like the hole in the wall. Adds character." 

"That's on Astra." Don sold me out, and I shot him a dirty look.

"Oh sick man, you should see the damage Cliff and James do. Lars almost broke his hand trying to punch a hole through a wall too." He chuckled, reminiscing in the memory, and rest the six pack in the fridge. We grabbed some of the cold beers I put in earlier and sat down on the couch, hissing them open. I crawled over to my makeshift milkcrate of videotapes, flipping through them to find the movie to watch for the next two or so hours.