xv. maneater

September 24th, 1983

Mosie Rock Hotel, Portland, Oregon

10:29 a.m.

As my eyes flickered open to the trail of butterfly kisses going from my jaw to my neck and turning passionate, I giggled at the tickling sensation

As my eyes flickered open to the trail of butterfly kisses going from my jaw to my neck and turning passionate, I giggled at the tickling sensation. "Kirk," I laughed, but he only began sucking and biting harder. "Don't make me horny again," I sarcastically giggled, but there was an underlying truth in that statement.

"What if I want to?" He said between kisses and bites, running a calloused hand slowly down my chest, sending heavenly shivers all over my being. Just as quick as a sigh of euphoria left my mouth, I was just as quick standing out of the bed, wrapping the bedsheet around my exposed body. "Aww," he mockingly sighed, but I could tell he was slightly upset by my sudden bolt.

"Jesus christ my back fucking hurts," I groaned, searching my purse for aspirin. Being on the road taught me to always carry aspirin, whether it's for the usual hangovers,  neck aches from headbanging, sore muscles, or anything else you could really think about. As I swallowed the pill down my throat, I turned to Kirk to see him staring at me.

"You're so pretty, I wish I could just frame you and look at you all day."

"Cheesy," I smirked while turning on the coffee pot. "Coffee?"

"Yes please, doll." He got up from the bed after slipping on some briefs to hug me from behind and sway with my hips.

"Sugar?" I asked, hiding my smitten smile.

"Just put your finger in it that should be enough." As I giggled he slowly rubbed his temple with one of his hands. "Okay that was cheesy."

"It's cute," I smiled, turning my head to give him a peck.

Beep, beep, beep.

I poured the coffee into two mugs, adding sugar and cream as Kirk got dressed. I caughted swift glimpses of him as he slid on black jeans and a Metallica shirt, wearing his own band's clothes better than i've ever seen anyone ever do. He had fiddled with his small transistor radio, and the faint static sounds of the smooth guitar intro to "Beast of Burden" by The Rolling Stones played from the radio as he watched me, fixing his clothes and hair to his liking.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Hey Kirky, open up it's almost 11!" James roared from the other side of the door.

I turned to Kirk. "Shit."

As we stood there like a pair of deer in headlights, the knocking took a more rhythmic tone, as more hands banged against the door in what seemed like some terrible homage to Queen's "We Will Rock You". 

"O-pen up! O-pen up! O-pen up!" They chanted in beat with the song, getting faster as I scrambled to pick up my clothes and run to the washroom. As soon as I was in and locked the door, Kirk slowly went to silence the children and open the door. As I got dressed I listened to their conversation from the bathroom;

"It smells like sex in here." I could hear James chuckle. My face dropped.

"Where's Astra?" Charlie chuckled, as everyone began searching the room. As I could hear muffled chuckling and shuffling from the other boys. I slammed my head a little too hard against the wall in frustration, a habit I've never quit since childhood, only causing it to get worse. "Astra? It's Charlie open up. C'mon,"

After sighing, I let him in, but quickly shut and locked the door behind us before the others asked questions. "What is it Charlie?" I asked as nonchalantly as I could while putting on my Iron Maiden tee.

"Why does your entire hotel room smell like sex?" He whispered, so the others could not hear.

"I dunno." I kept my eyes firmly focused on putting on my belt. 

"Look at me," His hand lifted up my chin so I could look into his eyes. "You had sex."

"No, I did-"

"Yes you did, I can tell."

"You can't... tell."

"Bullshit Astra you know I can." He leaned over me, putting me into the corner. I sighed, sliding down the wall defeated. "With who?"

"Some guy at the hotel bar last night, Kirk was out in some kinda orgy apparently." I answered quick and did everything I could to hide my lie.

"Oh was it good?" He raised a questioning eyebrow along with a smirk.

"It was okay," I giggled, getting up. "I'm fucking starving I could eat a whole fucking cow right now."

"We're going to check out soon and go to whatever fast food place is closest according to Jonny Z."

"Sounds good!" I cheered as we exited the bathroom together.

"Astra, morning, how'd you sleep?" James teased immediately and I looked at everyone as Kirk drank his coffee in the corner.

"Good, what about you?" I slipped over to grab my own coffee.

"Oh I could hardly sleep..."

"Why's that?"

"Well," he rubbed his hands together,  leaning extremely close to me. "I just couldn't zone out all the moaning and groaning coming from... this room was it?"

My face went red. I tried to hide the heat from my cheeks with my hair and coffee mug, rushing through everything in my mind that I could say. "What so you guys can bang all you want yet I can't?"

Kirk nearly spat his coffee out. "Well then," James sighed out in an emotion I couldn't figure out. He brushed my hair behind my ear with his rough fingers to reveal my bruised up neck and chest. "Jeez."

"Atleast I had a good time gettin' them." I giggled into my coffee cup.

"Who?" Lars asked, hands crossed across his chest.

"None of your business," I brushed him off.

"Alright let's get the fuck outta here I'm starving," Kirk stopped the boiling of annoyance in the room, slowly pushing everyone out, and locking the door behind them. "Fucking hell," he gave a breathy laugh as he leaned across the door.

"You're telling me!" I giggled, beginning to pack my bag to get out quickly. As I crouched over to fold my shirts and pack them away, I could feel his presence behind me. His warm hand played with my hair, running and twirling his fingers through it while I bit my lip, still facing away from him. ANother song played, some faint 70's rock ballad I couldn't make out or had completley zoned out, using all my senses but sight to get a picture of what he was doing. Eventually his hand slid to the bottom of my chin, holding it and pulling my face up towards him. His lips curled into a devilish grin, and ran his tongue across his teeth subconsciously. After a few more intimate seconds of tension and uncertainty that could only be described within a whole book itself, I turned back to my packing, feeling his presence tense up within built up frustration.

After a few more seconds of silence, I could hear him let out a sigh. Suddenly, his arms wrapped around my chest, squeezing tight and lifting me off the ground. "Kirk!" I playfully yelped as he threw me down on the bed, crawling over me. 

"You're such a tease," he leaned in, our faces centimeters apart, seemingly going in for another kiss. As I closed my eyes and waited, I'd open them after waiting what seemed like eternity, to find him by the door with his bag across his shoulder and guitar case in the other. "Well? What are you waiting for? We got a bus to catch!"