xii. wet and wild

September 22nd, 1983

The Bus, Somewhere in L.A.

3:47 p.m.

"I better go, I don't want them to be suspicious," I whispered to Kirk, who was still lying on my chest and caressing my arm

"I better go, I don't want them to be suspicious," I whispered to Kirk, who was still lying on my chest and caressing my arm. He got up to lean over me again, looking down with a frown.

"I don't want you to go,"

"Kirk, we've already risked enough..." I felt bad, but I really cared for him and didn't want this to be ruined by being discovered. He sighed, moving off of me to let me go.

"As you wish, sweetheart." He sighed and I gave him a kiss, which he quickly turned passionate.

"Kirk," I laughed into his mouth as he finally let me go. Quietly, I slipped out of the bunk, heading to the couches as I previously intended. A bit after, Kirk slipped out and went to the front to watch T.V. not to be suspicious. I opened the map left on the coffee table, looking out to window to find out which highway we were on, having passed a few cities during my heated moment with Kirk. 

"Hey guys," I walked to the front with the map, catching the attention of everyone.  "There's a lake up a couple of exits ahead, d'ya wanna go for a swim?"

"Anything to get out of this hot-ass bus," Cliff leaned back in his seat. As the others agreed, David gave the location to the driver and I opened my bag, looking for my bikini. I pulled it out, a black two piece I picked up a while ago for a beach day with Charlie and Don. As I crawled into a bunk and changed in privacy, coming out with all eyes on me. As Lars wolf whistled, I put my clothes away and sat back down, my bare ass and back quickly starting to sweat against the fabric of the seat. After a few others changed, we pulled out the exit and stopped by the lake, The Driver, Jonny, and James staying behind. We walked to the dock, the water rippling and sparkling in the sun surrounded by forest.

"It's beautiful, but not as beautiful as this." Cliff jested, pulling a joint he stored behind his ear. We sat down at the end of the dock, our feet in the water, passing around the joint until nothing was left but the roach.

"That really was beautiful." I lay back on the dock, enjoying the feeling of the water on my ankles and peacefulness of the lake. Soon enough, I yelled out as water was thrown onto me by Lars cannonballing into the lake, getting us all wet.

"Fuck you, Ulrich!" Charlie yelled out, jumping in the water after him, Don shortly following.

"Wanna follow the crowd?" I turned to Kirk and Cliff. Kirk laughed but Cliff was silent. "What is it?"

"Cliff can't swim." Kirk jeered, Cliff flipping him off.

"Aw Cliff, I don't wanna leave you alone on the dock," I lamented, feeling bad for him.

"No, go have your fun, I love the atmosphere here and breeze off the lake, which is why I came." He sounded like a wise old man that the main character would get advice from in a movie, making me smile. Cliff has such and amazing personality, I felt so comfortable around him. He also had the best weed, I felt like I was floating.

"Shall we?" Kirk rested his hand on my thigh.

"We shall." I smirked, getting up and diving into the cool water, Kirk joining. As I swam to the surface, I yelped out in the air, "It's fucking cold as fuck!" Kirk's head bobbing out behind me. With Lars, Cliff, David, Charlie and Kirk laughing at my freezing, I dunked my head under to get used to the cool temperature.

After around half an hour of swimming and laughing, Kirk and I swam by the side of the lake, the others either on the dock or around the edge. As he looked around to make sure we were out of earshot, he turned to me. "You look so fucking hot in that bikini,"

"You flatter me babe," 

"You don't even know the things I want to do to you," His damp curls stuck to his head and shoulders.

"Oh, is that so?"

"Mhm," He reached for my face to pull me into a kiss, but I dived back under and swam up behind him, him desperately trying to swim up to me.

"C'mon Kirk, show me your breast stroke." I smirked, slowing down my swimming to let him catch up to me.

As Kirk and I's flirting continued, James came down the dock to end our fun. "Guys and Astra, get on the bus in 15 minutes or we leave without you!" His warning echoed, bouncing off the water and trees to repeat itself.

Soon enough five minutes turned to ten, ten to twenty, and twenty to five hours. I carried my bags into the hotel room I'd be sharing with Charlie for the night. We'd be sharing a queen bed tonight, which wasn't a problem. Especially not if Kirk was serious about meeting. I gently pulled my acoustic out, messing around with the tuning until I found Drop G. As I started to fiddle around the guitar on the bed, Charlie sat next to me.

"Why is it you're so good at acoustic again? You could destroy any folk guitarist in a battle in seconds." He asked, lying his head on my lap.

"I learned on it. I was originally learning to be a folk artist, but I couldn't sing." I giggled.

"Everyone can sing, especially you."

"Everyone can sing but not everyone has the voice for singing. I'm just one of those people." I fingerpicked as my fingers flew across the frets, leaving each note plucked ring perfectly as I hit the next and onwards.

"But you can!" Charlie urged.

"Charlie, don't start this now." I whined, changing the mellow acoustic playing for some heavy chords. "Metal sounds so silly on an acoustic, doesn't it?"

"It sure does," He pulled out two cigs from his pocket, lighting both between his lips and then lifting one up to put between mine. I nodded a thank you as I tried to find the right chord I was looking for to continue my musical improvisation, relaxing with each breath of the cigarette.

After some time, I layed asleep on Charlie's lap as he played with my hair and smoked. Our faces were lit by the soft fuzz from the television he mindlessly watched across the room, contrasting by the dark of the now late night. There was a knock at the door, quiet as a mouse. Breaking Charlie out of his t.v. induced trance, he carefully moved my head off his lap and shifted to the door, opening it to Kirk.

"Hi Charlie,"

"Shhh, Astra's asleep. Hey, what is it?" Charlie whispered, Kirk's smile turning into a frown.

"Uh, do you have any beers? I'm all out." He excused with hesitation.

"Sure, come on in."

As they tiptoed their way to the mini fridge, Charlie opened the mini-fridge, adding another source of light to the near dark room. Kirk's eyes flew across me, analyzing my unconscious state at total peace, as I was spread across the bed.

"Kirk," Charlie's sudden voice stopped Kirk from looking more. "You want the beer or not?"

"Yeah, sorry." He took the cool beverage from Charlie's extended arm and walked over to the door to leave, exchanging good nights with Charlie. As soon as Kirk was gone, Charlie slipped off his jeans and gently moved me to my side of the bed, kissing the top of my head as he covered me and himself with the blanket.

"Night Astra,"