vi. strip poker

September 20th, 1983

The Bus, Somewhere in L.A.

8:21 a.m.

"Chug it! Chug chug chug!" The men around me chanted as I drunkenly drank all the vodka I could

"Chug it! Chug chug chug!" The men around me chanted as I drunkenly drank all the vodka I could. I slammed the bottle down on the counter, only a quarter left of the once full Smirnoff, and they roared and cheered.

"Who's ready for some strip poker?" I coughed out, slurring my s's as my throat burned from the sweet sweet liver poison.

We gathered round the couches in the back, Charlie, David and Jonny sleeping in the bunks up ahead. Oh boy are they missing out on this party. Cliff masterly shuffled the deck, dealing out our cards. I definitely shouldn't have drank this much. Lifting the dealt cards into my hand, my heart dropped. I had dog shit. 

"Two pairs." Don threw his cards down, sighing.

"I got nothing." Lars threw his into the middle. "James?"

"Four of a kind." He smirked, placing his down. That was the third highest rank. 

"Nothing." Cliff threw his down and put out his cigarette. "Kirk?"

Kirk looked at Cliff, his cards, and then directly at me. "Royal Flush." The guys around him cheered and I threw my cards down, sighing. "And that leads me to you, Astra. C'mon, a win is a win." He cheekily smirked.

"Relax it's just a shoe." I threw my boot at Kirk.

"Ouch!" He laughed.

But soon I'd regret ever agreeing to this game, as I sat in my shorts and t-shirt as James smiled at me with his Full House. "Oh, you fuck!" I shouted. I threw my t-shirt over my head and flipped him off, all eyes on me. "Don't act like you've never seen a bra before you weird fucks."

"Nice. I like the lace." James complimented with a smirk.

"Fuck off, you fucking man whore."

James, Lars and Cliff had been targeting me the whole round, Kirk and Don giving everyone a fair share of the burden, and I screamed out in annoyance as James put down a Royal Flush, looking at me. "You've got to be kidding me. I'm shuffling the cards next round." I sighed as I stood up, nearly drunkenly falling over, and slid my shorts off. "Oh my god do you have a fucking boner right now? Don't cum in your pants." I laughed.

I sat back down, grabbing James' beer and taking a sip. Everyone was silent, just looking at me. I groaned and grabbed the cards, shuffling and dealing them.

"Someone say something." I pleaded as the silence was beginning to freak me out. "God, you fucking pervs." I knew I couldn't let anyone else win against me or they'd never shut up about it. My anxiety faded as I saw my Full House, praying no one had a higher hand, which was soon revealed to be true. "James." I slammed my cards down with a satisfied grin.

"You know," He began to slip off his jeans, already shirtless from one of my previous hands, "There are easier and more fun ways to get into my pants, baby."

I rolled my eyes and held myself back from lashing out at him. Cliff picked up the cards to deal them again, but all my hopes were gone. Lars had won the round, and I shook my head and pleaded with my eyes from him not to do what everyone knew he would. "Lars, no. Please don't do this."

"Ohoho, I like it when you beg." Lars' thick accent shone through his teasing. I bit my tongue to not shout at him. "Gimme brains and you're safe."

"You fucking asshole!" I hissed, everyone laughing. 

"What's all the commotion here?" Charlie leaned against a chair, soon noticing the half naked crowd.

"Charlie, why don't we go do that thing you wanted to do earlier?" I gestured at my current situation, hoping he'd get me out of this. 

"Right, yeah, let's do that." He helped me up and I grabbed my scattered clothes.

"Oh, bullshit!" Lars yelled in dissatisfaction along with the others.

"Sorry baby, maybe next time." I taunted him and Charlie took me to the bunks. As soon as we were safe Charlie raised an eyebrow at me.

"You gotta stop getting drunk and into dumb shit, it won't end well. You owe me." He lit a cigarette and lectured me.

"Ah, shut up." I quickly flashed my tits at him, and his mouth curved up in a smile. "Even-Steven now."

"Do it again, I wasn't looking." 

I hit him as I threw my shirt over my head, putting my clothes back on. Charlie and Don have seen me naked multiple times. Living together you accidentally see a lot of shit you're not meant to. One time we caught Don doing coke off a chick's ass in the bathroom at 4 a.m. after both waking up from their moaning. We don't talk about that incident.

We walked back to the group of men, now scattered across the seats and doing their own thing. "What? Just because the chick leaves you guys stop playing? Typical." I sighed, sitting down with Charlie.

"We'll be at the hotel soon, we gotta be ready." Cliff used his excuse, as I realized the sun was going to set soon. Time flies when you're drunk and playing stip poker. It really does.

"I gotta sober up, fuck." I rubbed my eyes. "How's the room thing gonna work?" 

"There's four rooms, Jonny and David have one so that brings it down to three." Lars said.

"Let's settle it by drawing cards. Aces, Hearts and Diamonds only."

After everyone drew their cards, it was settled. I was with Kirk and Lars, and then there was Charlie and Cliff, and Don and James. I was annoyed to find out I had to be the one with Lars, let alone 2 people instead of one, but it was only for one night.

When we pulled up to the hotel, I grabbed my bag and guitar and everyone left to get their room keys. We walked up 2 flights of stairs and went into our rooms. Kirk unlocked our door, and we walked in. "There are two beds, but they're small."

I sat down on one of them, bouncing up and down on the springy mattress. "Interesting." Lars and Kirk looked at each other with grins plastered on their faces. "If you guys wanna share you'll be spooning each other." 

Lars ran to get to the bed before Kirk, and stuck his tongue out like the ass he was. "I'll sleep in the tub, I guess." Kirk shrugged, grabbing one of the pillows and blankets from the closet.

"Lars you're an actual asshole." I turned to him.

"Why don't you sleep with him then if it bothers you so much?" He walked around me to the door. "I'm off to the bar, join if you'd like."