xxiv. silver soul

November, 20th, 1983

Teenage Wastelands' Apartment

8:43 a.m.

As my eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the brightness of the morning, I became death;y aware of my surroundings

As my eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the brightness of the morning, I became death;y aware of my surroundings. I froze as I was face-to-face with Charlie and Don, amused yet confused looks on both their faces, sitting on the coffee table in front of our couch. Kirk's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist as he pulled me in, sleeping soundly behind me as he spooned me. I lifted up the cover higher up my chest, feeling greatly exposed lying on the couch with nothing on but the cover. My eyes were wide as I looked back and forth between Charlie and Don, waiting for them to say something.

"Well," Charlie sighed, lighting a cigarette. "What do we have here?" My face went red, I had no idea what to do, what to say, what to think. My mind was blank. 

"What did he do?" Don asked, smoothing my hair back with his hand and laying a kiss on my forehead. "Do I needa kick his ass?"

"No, no," I snickered, "We made up."

"Made up? After what he fucking did to you?"

Don didn't get a chance to begin expressing his frustrations before the man of my dreams next to me regained consciousness, realizing the predicament we were in. "Morning love," He kissed my cheek, turning to Don and Charlie. "Morning, this is a little awkward, isn't it?"

"C'mon Hammett, get up and face me you fuckin-"

"Don! It's fine, were fine!" I stopped him before he started another fight. "Besides I don't think we can get up right now," I laughed again, holding the blanket closely over my chest. 

"Right, right, Don!" Charlie grabbed his arm, leading him out the door, "Let's go on a walk so they can get dressed."

"But-" 

And the door was closed and they were gone. I turned to Kirk, smiling as he covered my face with butterfly kisses, every  touch, grab or brush of his fingers against my skin sending chills down my spine. "Okay, okay, before we get carried away let's get dressed."

-

I slid on my shoes and kissed Charlie and Don goodbye. Me and Kirk explained what happened over breakfast and now we were headed over to the Metalli Mansion to let them know and hang out. As we waited for the elevator doors to open to take us down, Kirk laced his fingers with mine, looking down at me with his direful eyes.

As we got to the Metalli Mansion, I felt a little nervous going into the house and seeing everyone. But once I was in, I was laughing and smiling and bubbly as ever.

"James!" I immediately ran into his extended arms, jumping up as he spun me around in a hug. I chuckled and kissed his cheek. Lars and I greeted with warm hellos and a hug, we had begun to warm up to the idea of each other after being forced to hang around each other constantly for a couple months. Last was Cliff, and I was so happy to see him. Cliff is the kind of person who gave you the feeling of peace and chaos at the same time, and it was the vibes you craved once you were apart from him. He had a very addictive personality, and we were infinitely close, after the many deep talks under the stars and hotel room therapy sessions that left me crying in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling the tall man down as he wrapped his long slinky arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

"How are you, dear?" He whispered into my hair, not breaking the tight embrace.

"Amazing. I'm home," I said, looking up at Kirk, watching me, beer in the arm wrapped around me. He caressed my cheek and sipped his beer, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Me too," He smiled down, adjusting me to sit on his lap. He nuzzle his face into my neck and I felt safe. Safe in his arms like no thing in the wluniberse could ever bring us apart. Soulmates.

-

"Heyyy they're back together, eh?" Cliff finally cheered, the rest cheering and encouraging with him.

"I love this woman boys," Kirk smiled his crooked smile, and I couldn't stop from smiling so much my face hurt. I probably looked really stupid, but I haven't felt happier in months.

"And I certainly love this man." I continued, placing a kiss on his lips. He gave a satisfied smile, returning his attention to the boys. After jokes were told, I accidentally squirmed too hard on his lap while laughing at one of Cliff's jokes that squirmed against his bones that I was now very aware of, sending a small moan from his lips. He immediately tried covering it up with an awkward laugh, but Lars equipped his head around, sitting next to us.

"Get a room Jesus," He rolled his eyes. All the attention was now back on us, and my face turned red as I tried to shift off Kirk's lap, but his arms around my waist pulled me back. He liked it.

This only made my face more crimson, like the reddest apple of the season. I excused myself to the bathroom and Kirk finally let go. As I trailed down the walls filled with holes and posters, I fixed anxiously at my appearance in the mirror, picking at my skin, fixing my lipstick, everything. I didn't know why I felt the pressure to constantly look my best, but it's something I carried with me from my teenage years. As I stepped back out into the dark hall to rejoin the party, a hand covered my mouth and pulled me into the dark room on the left, holding my rightly as I struggled and gasped. His hand let go and he started laughing, turning me around to face him.

"Jesus fucking christ Kirk I almost had a heart attack," I panted, and his teeth shone in the dark. "Never do that again" I playfully hit him, but he grabbed at my wrist before it reached his arm, shoving his fingers between mine and kissing me passionately.

"Astra I love you," He said in between kisses. We fell onto the bed together, his hands tangled in my hair, eye to eye. His golden eyes were open, I coukd finally see through him. I could read him. And I loved him. Yes, yes, how I love him.

"I think you saved my soul, Kirk Hammett."