8

You awake to the sound of birds chirping and the sun peering through your curtains. You sit up and stretch thinking of what to do on your last day of summer break. You decide that you're going to take a walk to the local city park. You get up and go over to your box of clothes you decide that you're just going to put on some grey joggers, with a black hoodie that says the name of your old school on the front and your last name on the back. You slipped on your worn out Nike's from 3 years ago, grabbing your wallet, grabbing your phone and walking out the door. You text your mom saying that you're going on a walk to the local city park and that you'll be back later that day.

It was around 9:47 when you left the house and you got to the park around 10:03. It was really nice out today so you had no problem with walking, sometimes you preferred walking over driving in a car depending on the distance. You tried to find a table to relax at then you saw a guy sitting at this table by himself just on his phone playing games, you had no friends anyways so it's worth a shot. "Hey is it okay if I sit here?" you asked smiling at the teen. "Oh yes of course! Hi I'm Zach what's your name?" the teen smiled. Zach was tan, he had very black fluffy and messy hair, he wore a black hoodie with some grey sweats, he wore rings not on each finger but on every few, he had on some Nike sliders, he looked very comfortable and chill overall.

"Hey, I'm y/n nice to meet you Zach!" you smiled at Zach. "I can tell by your accent that you're not from here so where are you from y/n?" Zach asked with a very heavy British accent. "Chamonix, France. It's a small town in the mountains where you can ski loads and so all kinds of things! It's very fun I wish we didn't move so far because I was a pro at skiing!" you said smiling at Zach. "It sounds really pretty! Which school did you decide to go to? I know there's a few to choose from." Zach asked giving you a smile in return. "Brighton High School" you said hoping Zach would say the same thing. "Oh cool! I'm going there too! That's so cool, I mean you'll have one new friend going into school. What grade are you in?" Zach asks with a smile. "Junior, you?" you ask him hoping for the same response. "Oh same! So we have the chance of having a lot of classes together! Which is a good thing!" Zach said smiling. "Yeah I guess so! Well I best be getting home now because my mom is probably wondering where I am, but here's my number it's 890- *** - ****, well I'll see you around Zach nice meeting you!" you said smiling and grabbing your things so you could head home.

The walk wasn't bad it was probably more noisy than before because everyone was off to work around this time and all the teenagers were out driving around. You looked at the time to see that it was almost 11am, you didn't know you spent that much time talking with Zach, but you were happy that you knew you would have a friends going to your new school. You opened up the front door to see your dad standing in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Oh hey sweetheart how was your walk?" your dad asked with a warm smile. "Actually pretty good I made a new friend, but you'll never guess the best part." you told your dad taking off your shoes and walking over to the kitchen table. "And what is that sweetheart?" your dad said turning off the stove. "The new friend, his name is Zach, he's a Junior, and he goes to the same school as me! Isn't that cool? I have something to look forward to!" you said excitedly. "Oh that's amazing sweetheart! I'm glad you made a new friend that you're able to hang out and talk with at school." your dad said putting the food on a plate and placing on the table. "But make sure you still focus on your school work and stuff just so you don't fall to far behind." your dad said giving you a slightly worried look. "I will dad I promise. I won't let anything get in front of my school work." you said smiling at him.

You ate breakfast and headed upstairs to your room so you could unpack your box full with your clothes into your hamper. You dragged the box over by your dresser and opened up your top drawer and decided that was going to bed your socks/underwear drawer. You stuffed all the things in the drawer and closed it starting on the next drawer. You decided that was going to be your pajamas drawer so you found all your pajama things such as shirts, pants, etc. You stuffed everything in there and shut the drawer. The third drawer was going to be your pants drawer so you found your other box just filled with all your jeans and pants etc. keeping them folded you neatly set all your pants in that drawer. For your last drawer you decided you were just going to stuff your extra things in there. You got up and put the box outside your room that told your parents that they could use it or take it out to the trash.

You started to feeling drowsy so you laid down on your bed and tried to read but you could hardly keep your eyes open so you just got under the covers and got comfortable. You didn't care what time you woke up you were just really tired after the past few days you've had..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Word count: 1,008 words