CROSSOVER 7

7

Muang Nan started to attend classes for three days now. Everyone is asking how he is and what happened, there's really no explanation on what happened to him. It was a triggered trauma. A distasteful memory of Dr. Tat.

As an excuse, he dragged his bestfriend to the hospital that Mork's family own and get him a medical certificate to excuse his absences. Of course Mork is against it at first but how will he explain it to the Professors and the people from Parade? In the end, Mork helped him with everything.

He is doing baton practice when he saw Mork walking towards him, the man is wearing a basketball uniform. He stopped and put the baton down. He grab his bottled water and opened it, drinking almost half of it when Mork stop in the front of him.

"Nan," Mork said as he walk straight to him, his face is blank. What happened?

"Mork, what-"

"Your father is looking for you, he wants you home for dinner tonight," Well fuck. It's not really a good time. He didn't even know that his son no longer goes home.

"Oh, maybe he is going out of the country for some exhibit of paintings or so," They only eat together when the old man is about to leave for abroad.

"He said he couldn't contact you,"

"How can he contact me? The man didn't even know my phone number,"

"Still the same huh?" Mork said as he sat on a bench near Muang Nan.

"Well I'll be more shocked if the man even acknowledge my presence in that family," Nan never really felt the sense of belongingness in his family. It's an old news for him.

"So, should I accompany you going back home?" Nan shook his head, it's not like his father will kill him or something. But it's weird that they are looking for him. Well, it's okay at lease he can get more of his stuff going back to his and Un's shared apartment.

The thought brings smile to his face. He told Un since he is staying in the older man's apartment, he said he'll provide money for the things and bills in the place. Un kept on declining, so he took care of the things inside the house. Groceries, essentials, etc.

"Well, if you are staying at your family home tonight, inform your boyfriend will you?" Nan think he won't stay a night in the house. But maybe Un can pick him up.

"Hmm, I'll call him but I won't stay there," He'll take his stuff little by little.

"Need me to pick you up and take you to Un?" Nan rolls his eyes and sigh.

"Again Mork, I wanna remind you. I am not your son, so I am not your responsibility. Stay at home with Pi and Meen. I'll have Un to pick me up,"

"It's just... I always do that for you," Mork feel like Nan grew up so fast and now leaving his care.

"And I am thankful for all those years I've been on your care. You take care of me like what a father should do," Nan is really thankful. He looks at his bestfriend and give him his brightest smile.

"Now we have come to this, please focus on yourself now. Me and Meen are always your worries. Please, savor your time in life with Pi," Muang Nan and Mork just sitting in the bench quietly. Enjoying each others company. This time Mork knew, he didn't lost Nan like he originally thought. He was just not in terms of Nan doesn't need him like he did before. They are still best of friends with different paths to take.

--

Sitting in a quiet family dinner is nothing new. Muang Nan has no appetite, he is just playing with his food, pushing the blanched vegetables around his plate. He wants to go home. He feels like he is forced to sit here and be a good son.