CROSSOVER 18

18

The dining room falls into silence.
No one dare to talk, Muang Nan's parents are still confuse on what their son just said earlier.

'And did this source told you what Tat did to me?'

No, no one told Muang Nan's father what happened to them. Thinking back, no one told Tom how and why did they broke up... Still he isn't fond of Nan, his biological son— having relationships with men. But if he cannot control Nan, he wants someone like Tat for him. Someone who already have a great job and can take care of his son.

"Nan you look... Different. You no longer wear those dark, cool clothes that you like. Seeing you before I thought you were an idol," Tat said as he stood in the threshold still unsure what to do next. What the hell is he even thinking earlier— why did he agree to sit in this dinner?

"I grew up, that's what happened Tat," Un flinched on his tone. Too impolite. But he knows where Nan is coming from.

"Nan," Un muttered just to make Nan be at ease. He is here with him, there's no need to be hostile front on, but who is he kidding? With what he saw on how Tat treated Nan the last time that they saw each other, he cannot really stop his boyfriend. Un didn't went through that shit like Nan. He knows nothing, he didn't felt what it felt like for his lover on that situation. He have no idea how hard it was for him till they met each other.

Even though that happened to Nan it didn't stop him from loving Un. He might not be in his best shape but he'll be going there with this guy beside him. He'll be better— if that means conquering his demons, he sure is— will start with Tat.

"I-" Tat started, what do he want to say? I'm sorry Muang Nan, I didn't mean too— I saw red when I heard you are leaving me. That you are sick of me. But his tongue felt it got chopped of when Nan glared at him. Tat is discovering new things about Muang Nan, that he didn't know about— cold and rude.

"If you want to talk to me, schedule a meeting. Not everyone have a time for you," Nan's words are glacial, it's cutting him deep, he smiled bitterly looking down on his hands. The hands that suppose to save lives as he held that oath up on his sleeves are the same hands that gripped Nan's throat, punching him and scratching the pale skin he loves so much. How can his love turn into violence?

"Right I-"

"Don't say sorry, I never heard or read that from you," Tat froze. He is right, he never tried to reach out after all those years. He never apologized to what he have done, he just got married as he is suppose to do and forgot what happened. What he couldn't forget is his feeling for the ex-lover that he left— the lover that almost died in his hands.

The dinner atmosphere never got better. In the end, Un and Muang Nan left the Chareonphon House leaving the whole family and Tat in an awkward silence.

--

Days passed and the couple never talked about what happened that night in Muang Nan's family house. This worried Un, Nan is a strong person but the young man tends to overthink things.

"Babe, you okay?" Nan looked at Un and smile softly nodding his head. Yeah, not okay.

"What's up? Tell me," Nan blink and sigh.

"Why can't I just leave my past behind and let it rot in hell? Why they crawl back like the a dead coming back to terrorize the shit out of me?" Un thought the man won't be back in Thailand but there he is. He heard Mork talking about Tat with cuss words every now and then.

"Hmm, he is back for good? Do you think he'll come and talk to you?" Un is worried not that he thinks that the past lovers still have feelings for each other but for Muang Nan's trauma. He was relieved when Nan shows signs of getting well, his nightmares are getting less and less as time passes by but Tat's presence made it difficult now. Even in nap, Nan nowadays woke up terrified.