Chapter 4

Willow's POV

You walk with jack both of yous eagerly shouting random headlined so yous can go back to the lodge house and relax. A  couple hours go by and yous both finish selling papes and are on your way back to the lodge house, "So ya hink ya got wa it takes ta be a newsies?" He ask me jokingly, "Welp I'd better cause can't go anywhere else can I?" I say while looking around at the busy streets trying to stay out of peoples ways. "Yeah well personally I hink ya did great out er t'day." Yous both laugh until yous eventually reach the lodging house.Yous walk inside and you could smell the smoke, hear people chattering and shouting, dices rolling on the ground, chairs squeaking and being scrapped against the floor and the smaller newsies running about playing.You and jack both sit down beside some of the others who were smoking and playing against each other in bets, you quickly discovered racetrack always won, you sit there bored as jack talks away to the others. "Hey dere sunshine!" You turn to your side and see mush coming over to sit beside you. "Oh hey mush!" You say with a smile that he returns "Ya look fed up" he says as you turn to look at everyone around yous "Yeah I guess I'm not great at starting conversations" you say trying to not look so bored now, "Yeah that problem will soon go away now that your a newsies" he says while laughing a little."So what's ya story en?" He says pulling yous to away from the others, "Um well my mom and dad dropped me off here last night, they wanted rid off me cause dere going to a new country they says it's a real rich one with lots a fancy people there" I finish saying, " so why'd dey na bring ya" he says confused, " Well my mom and dad didn't exactly think of me as family they more so thought of me as some sort of maid who they can take there anger out on..."I finish "Oh so like..." I could tell he didn't really want to say it but I could tell where he was going with that sentance, so I answered " Yeah, pretty badly too...so I'm glad they brought me here, although I don't know who there gonna take there anger out on now" before I could finish "Maybe each other..." mush finished for me,"Yeah..." I replied looking down and playing with my hands. Mush must of noticed because he comforted me, "Yeah well I'm glad you were put here too" he said as a smile appeared on his face. He told me about his story, and before I noticed it was late, I really liked Mush I felt comfortable with him, I went and got changed for bed that night thinking of how nice Mush was to me and Jack too of course. As I went and got into my bed I saw Mush talking to Jack quickly before they both went to there beds, "Hey is it alright if ya sell papes with me tamarra?... or you could sell alone I don't mind" said Mush while getting himself comfortable in his bed, "I'd love to sell papes with ya mush" I said with a smile that he returned, "Alright well night!" he said closing his eyes."Night" I replied before closing my eyes and drifting off, maybe the news boy lodging house isn't as bad as I thought after all.