Chapter 23

Willow's POV

As we all walked through the doors of the restaurant Todd face lit up with joy "Wow.." was all he managed to get out, me and Mush smiled at each other knowing he was blown away by the restaurant "Hey let's take a seat en aye!" Mush says walking over to a table. "Here's da menu kid" Mush says handing Todd a menu "I can't read.." Todd replied "Oh well I'll call dem out for you" I reply smiling, when you finish calling out the menu the waiter comes over while your still patiently waiting for Todd's reply "Uh hotdog and chips" He replied while playing with a fork and spoon "Yeah I'll have sausage chips and beans" I say "Yeah I'll have the same as her" Mush says with a grin "Dad do ya get a drink too" Todd says looking at Mush "Uh..what.." Mush says with a shocked look on his face "Do ya get a drink.." Todd reply's again "Uh yeah..." Mush says looking at me smiling. I felt as though we were a family. As though Todd was our son. Soon enough our food comes and Todd couldn't resist but too put all of it in his mouth as his stomach growled, Me and Mush finished our food and we both payed for our self's and split for Todd's meal "Tanks mum and dad" Todd says grabbing onto our arms "No problem" We both reply while walking through the damp, cold, silent streets "So princess..." I hear a voice says as Mush splashes through puddles with Todd "Oscar get lost!" I say not bothering to turn round "Try again.." the voice reply's. That had me curious so I slowly turn round to see the Brooklyn snob himself "So who this little guy en.." He says with a smirk putting away his pimp cane and walking up towards Mush and Todd "Spot.." I tried to say before I got cut off "Don't worry I ain't here to trash talk" He reply's "Just wanted to see how hings are going" Spot says while playfully rubbing his hand through Todd's hair which he laughed at. "Yeah well you've saw now go!" Mush snapped at him "Alright...alright!" Spot says backing away from Todd and Mush "Ya boyfriend ain't to pleased wit me aye?" He says jokingly to me "What do you think Spot" I saw playfully rolling my eyes "Well we best be getting home..." I reply while holding onto Todd's hand "Well see ya princess!" Spot shouts to me "I've already told ya watch it Brooklyn!" Mush shouted to him "Don't worry Mush I will from now on!" He says with a laugh "Alrighty Spot see ya!" We both say turning our backs and walking away. We put Todd to bed who slept with a cute smile on his face as everyone drifted off to sleep, the next day was a harsh one the rain was pouring recklessly down into the streets thunder and lightning was crashing about no body bothered going out to get papes it was too bad weather no one would be out in the streets anyway. "That lousey weada!" Racetrack sakes frustrated "I don't knows about yous but I'm going back ta bed..!" Voices said as the cold air in the lodging house made everyone shiver "Come on Todd come sleep in beside us!" Mush said "T-thanks.." Todd replied shivering as we both cuddled him tight and wrapped him in the blanket and drifted peacefully off to sleep. Bad weather days weren't always so bad you could sleep in and nobody could shout at you for it, It was peaceful and quiet which was not something that happened a lot in the lodging house it was relaxing. Hearing the rain hit against the window as you sat inside warm and cuddled up with your two favourite people knowing they were relaxed and happy, When everyone woke up again it was just before dinner time me and Todd were playing with the teddy bear Mush gave me "Hey got some bread and soup!" Mush voice echoed in the room that was now quiet because the newsies had all went begging and salvaging for food "Yay!" Todd replied, we all sat and shared out the bread and soup and letting Todd have the most out of us three, the rest of the evening we all sat on our bed and played with Todd and the teddy bear sharing giggles, laughs, smiles and feeling like a family.