Chapter 10

Willow's POV

"Hey where you going?" I said confused,"What you can't sell papes by yourself now?" He said in a annoyed tone "I want to sell with you Mush" I said hopelessly "Wouldn't want to hold you back if I don't sell all my papes by 6 o'clock now would I?" He said before walking away through the busy streets. Why was Mush being that way? I don't like Spot why couldn't he see that, did he not trust me? I walked through the busy streets by myself I felt terrible that Mush felt that way, I decided to try to forget about what happened and get my papes sold and once I did all that was left to think about was Mush and Spot, I walked over to the Brooklyn bridged in hopes to find Spot, I saw him selling his papes "Hey Spot, can we talk?" I said waving to get his attention "Sure, princess" He said with a grin. "Hey Mush wait up, I just cancel my plans with Spot" I said desperately as he walked through the door he just looked at me...a look I couldn't read at all he walked up stairs, I left to go somewhere I wanted to explore the streets of New York I walked to a park and sat on one of the many benches there I sat thinking about the past about my parents. I went to go get some food I managed to get some bread by a nice woman who was walking by me in the street, I saw a small little boy lying in the street playing with his hands and I didn't hesitate to give him my bread he thanked me for my kind action, then I walked back to the lodging house house. When I got in I didn't recognise anyone except Racetrack and Skittery. "Hey race!" I said with a smile "Where's the others?" I said "Oh dere away ta some bar" He says with a cigar in his mouth "Why didn't you go?" I said confused "I was waiting for ya to get back" He said standing up "Let's go en darling" He said as he put his arm around my shoulder grinning. As you walk to the bar with Racetrack you guys exchange jokes back and forth aswell as laughs "Hey guys!" Racetrack says as entertaining the bar."Hey!" They all replied "Hey willow were ya been aye!" Jack said jokingly "I was just wandering about" I replied "Rather sit around with you bums though" I added on jokingly as they all laughed along. I sat beside beside racetrack who was on the outside of the booth and then jack who was on the inside, and facing us was Kid Blink then Mush then Crutchie.
Through out the hours me and Mush gave each other smiles and looks, we're we on good terms again? We all went walking back to the lodging house when "So are you two dating?" Said jack to me and Mush,"No, We're just friends nothing more" Mush said still annoyed, I looked over and saw him rolling his eyes at Jacks silly thought, I think I felt my heart burst inside. I couldn't stop thinking about how he held my hand that night and how it might not of meant as much to him as it did to me, when we got back everyone sat down together talking away but headed straight upstairs, I wanted to cry but I couldn't there was newsies everywhere I just wanted to be alone so I went to the only place I knew was peaceful and quite. When I reached the roof I sat down and looked out into the city I started to cry a little who's fault was it? Mine? Or his? "Hey uh...I'm sorry.." a familiar voice said I knew who it was  so I didn't turn round to face him, I quickly wiped away my tears as he sat beside me,"Look..I really am, I was just mad at ya gave a guy who was a snob to ya a second chance an I was jealous...that he'd win ya over" He said with a soft voice "And it's none of ma business or up to me who ya date" He said while looked me deep in the eyes "It's not your fault Mush...and thanks" I say looking into the city,"So we're good den?..." He says "Yeah..we're good.." I say giving him a quick smile that he happily returns. We both look out into the city "Hey Willow!" Racetrack shouts "Oh I'm gonna see what that bum wants" You jokingly say "Alright Sunshine" Mush replies.