Chapter 12

Willow's POV

As we walked further down the alleyway I could she a figure sitting against the fence, the alley way was to dark to tell who it was but as we got closer I found a car ebony hat half way down the alley I stop to look at it, I knew who was at the end of the alley way "Jack!" I screamed and pushed the Delancy brothers of me as I frantically ran down to see him "Jack..." I said as he turned his sore beaten face towards mine, He looked angry and confused "Why-...I told yas not ya touch em!" He shouted at the brothers behind me now."We couldn't resist this one Jacky boy" One of the brothers snarled with a terrifying grin,"Yous low life's" Jack snapped at them angerly."Why'd ya follow em" He said looking at me "I needed ta find ya Jack to make sure your alright" I said concerned. I could see he was struggling to breath properly he had his mouth open struggling to consume air, I looked to see rips in his clothes cut all over him and he had one swollen black eye. "Why don't use two sit tight aye will be back wit the big guns for your friend princess" They said with a sly look on their faces winking at me."You betta go en" Jack said looking over to the fence he was leaning on,"No Jack we're both leaving here alright!" I said to him "No..NO do ya know what ell do to ya" He said looking me up and down. "Jack come one I'll help ya over the fence please.." I said with tears in my eyes "Nah dey beat me up real bad I don't know if I can" He says looking me in the eyes hopelessly. "Come on, I'll help ya up" I helped him up and he was able to stand well enough "Come on!" I help direct him over the fence but I wasn't strong enough we needed someone else. I looked about but the streets were empty "Call em" Jack said with a reassuring smile."Newsies!" I shouted as I did I heard footsteps running down my way it was Mush, Racetrack and Skittery,      "Help me lift him over!" I demanded everyone all suddenly help grab him but someone needed to help him from behind the wall, so I quickly climb over and started to push his feet but it wasn't enough we needed a second person. "Here I'll help ya" Mush said while swiftly jumping over the wall, me and mush desperately trying to push him over, when I feel someone grab me from behind they pull me into them with there arms tightly around me. I could tell they weren't going to let go of me,"Willow" Mush said, I soon realised that it was the Delancy brothers. Racetrack and Skittery soon realised what was happening and successfully got Jack over the wall,"Willow!.." Racetrack says while frantically climbing over to try help me a long with Skittery,"You want Willow come get er" They growled at Mush, Racetrack and Skittery. Suddenly Mush ran towards the with his fist up and Racetrack followed Skittery took the other one and punched him in the face along with a kick to the stomach wich knocked him to the ground. There was only one more to go but he pulled out a knife and held it to my neck "Come one of yas touch me and you can say bye bye to Willow aye" He said holding the knife with a firm grip,"Come on Oscar let er go ya bum!" Racetrack replied annoyed and frightened. They couldn't do anything one sudden movement and it would turn into a blood bath, we were all stuck "Now how bout ya all get cowboy and I take es pretty goirl back ta mine ey?" He said forcefully as the other one slowly stood up again "Alright.." Skittery said. I was shocked I tried to speak but as soon as I did I felt the tip of the knife poking into my neck "Let's go girl" He says forcefully grabbing me with him we turned our back to the newsies and walked back up the alley he realised the knife from my neck while grabbing me tight. Suddenly I heard a big bang and felt his tight grip suddenly loosen I look back two see the two brothers on the ground while Mush stood behind him with a big plank of wood in his hand "I never would've thought I'd knock a Delancy brother out" He says stumble over his words in disbelief. I gave him a smile "Thanks..." I said still trying to believe what just happened "No problem sunshine" He says dropping the plank of wood. We all climbed back over the fence and carried Jack back to the lodging house and sat he gently down on his bed "I'll get a wet cloth" I said making my over to the hygiene station. I walk back over to Jack by then everyone was heading back down stairs to give him peace and quiet, " Thanks for helping me taday Willow.." He said with a smile "It was real brave of ya" He said while holding my hand "And I'm sorry what happened to ya with the knife and all..." He said while I wiped his face with a wet cloth "Hey it's alright, I'm just glad your back.." I said with a smile looking down at him.