Chapter 19

Willow's POV

I saved the rest of my cookies for them, but it was late and they still weren't back I started to question where they were "Hey ya Willow.." I familiar voice echoed. I turn round to see Spot leaning up against a pillar on one of the bunk beds with something in his arms "Oh hey Spot..what are you doing here?" I say confused "Hah..to see ya silly!" He says making his way over towards me "Ooo..cookies!" He says smiling at me "Take some, there real nice" I reply passing the plate over infront of him "Thanks!" He says while grabbing one. I put the plate back on the the beside table beside me "So got ya something princess" He says with a grin hand me a soft, furry brown teddy bear "Oh wow...it's so cute!" I says admiring it "Thanks Spot! You really shouldn't have.." I say giving him a hug "Nah it's the least I could do" He replied "So where's da others" Spot says looking around the room "It's awfully quite en here" He mumbled "I don't know-" I said before I heard voices running up the stairs "Hey Willow-" I heard Mush say before his eye landed on Soot beside me "Hiya Mush" Spot said with a grin "What ya doing ere?" Mush said looking serious "Oh just saying hello.." He replied looking down at the teddy bear I had in my arms. I knew what he was doing he was trying to make Mush see it and then he'd be jealous and angry "Hey Mush come sit beside me!" I say trying to avoid the tension in the room "Yeah sure, babe" He reply's walking over beside me "So where we're yas aye?" Spot says digging deeper into Mush's anger "Race held us back" He replied giving him an angry glare "And by doing what now?" Spot reply's moving closer toward me, I could tell Mush noticed cause he held a tight grip on me "He was getting his bets in" Mush replied giving me a kiss on the forehead, which I could tell made Spot rage by what he done next "So like da teddy bear I got here, it was da best in the shop" He says waving the bear in Mush's face "Why'd ya get we that aye" He said with frustration in his voice "Cause she deserves the best" Everyone in the room could tell what he meant by that even Mush because they all stopped what there were doing and turned round in shock. Spot thinks because he has fame and rules Brooklyn he is better than Mush, Mush is just an ordinary newsies with no money, but he isn't and ordinary newsies to me, to me he is the world, the best person I've ever met. "Watch it Brooklyn" He says making a fist "Guys come on...Spot let em be happy alright!" Racetrack says taking his cigar out of his mouth "Mind ya own business Race" He shot back while giving Mush a annoyed glare "Why do ya like him Willow" Spot says turning his eyes to me "He makes me happy Spot" I reply angerly "But why, he's poor he could neva get ya the best quality teddy bear like dat...in fact he could neva even afford a terrible looking one!" He shouts before I knew it Mush climbed over the bed and made fists then punched him right in the face "Mush!" I screamed "Now stay clear of me and Willow!" He roared "Ugh...you've forgot who's the one with the pimp cane.." He reply's with one hand on his face while standing up "Spot get out!" I say annoyed and angry while the others pushed him out "Oh and here's your teddy bear!" I shouted to him while throwing the teddy bear into the crowd of newsies pushing him down stairs. "Look Mush I'm sorry.." I say turning to face him "Nah Spots just a sly snob..." He replied still annoyed but pulling me into a hug, He comes and sits beside me on the bed while I offer him and some of the others cookies "Thanks sunshine!" He says before taking a massive bite.