Chapter 20

Spot's POV

I heard about what happened to Willow, and I knew that something like that wouldn't of happened if she wore my girl. As soon as I heard that she was awake again by the Brooklyn newsies I new I had to go visit her, I was walking to Manhattan when I saw the best quality teddy bear I've ever seen I knew I had to get it for her. I walked out with the teddy bear in my arms, when I arrived at the lodging house I walked upstairs and saw her daydreaming I leaned against a pillar on one of the bunk beds near her and said "Hey ya Willow.." she asked what I was doing here, what a silly question I thought I walked over to her smiling as she offered me a cookie. I reached behind my back and pulled out a teddy bear I could tell she loved it, I just wanted her to be mine so bad, I knew we would be perfect together if she would just give me the chance. As I snapped back to reality I wondered where everyone was but she didn't know either until suddenly we heard foot steps running up the stairs. Mush and the others were back, but as soon as Mush saw me I could tell he got jealous I knew he was scared I would win her over, Willow called him over beside her and my face dropped when he called her babe. Where they together? I couldn't believe that Mush was out all day if she was my girl I would spend every second with her, she would never be sat alone in an empty lodging house. I asked him where he was all day and his excuse was terrible, when I moved closer beside Willow I saw Mush put his arm around her waist and slightly pull her closer to him and when I saw him kiss her forehead a raging fire started inside me he was the luckiest man in the world to be able to kiss and cuddle her and for her to be passionate about him back. I wanted to yank her away from him I wanted her to be mine, I showed him the bear I got her and he questioned me why I got her it I wanted to respond about how she nearly died and how a teddy bear was least someone could do for her but I wanted him to know that I would win, I wanted him to know and realise that he didn't deserve her cause he didn't. But when I replied I could see him make tight fist I could tell that what I came to do was done, I've made him realise that he would never be able to afford to treat her right, I heard someone from the other side of the room take part in our conversation but I quickly shut him up as I wasn't in the mood. I wanted Mush to reply but I could tell that he want going too, So I asked Willow why she liked him I knew I was way better than him at everything, but she replied that he made her happy I couldn't understand how someone with no money could make her happy I knew me and her would be perfect together if she would just give me a chance to prove it. Suddenly Mush jumped over the bed raging with anger by my reply as he punched me hard in the face, When I got up I threatened him with my pimp cane but the newsies pushed me out the door as Willow threw my teddy bear back to me. I walked back to Brooklyn that night with a sore face and a broken heart as I looked down at the teddy bear I bought her while it got wet with my tears, I just wanted her to be happy but I never thought she could ever be with someone else like Mush, I only could picture her being happy with me but maybe I was mistaken maybe I was the one who could only be happy with her.