Chapter 5

Willow's POV

I wake up the next morning yawning and trying to keep my eyes open, and when I finally do I have the pleasure of seeing his face wich makes me already have a good day."Heya sunshine how'd ya sleep?" "Actually good, for once!" I say grinning,"That's good, can't wait ta see da headline t'day" "Yeah can't wait" I say rushing to the showers to get ready, "Oh willow sorry I can't sell papes t'day I gat business in Brooklyn!" He says while rushing out."Oh alright!" You say while stepping into the hygiene station area, you get changed in the showers and head out and mush is standing waiting for you, you give him smile as he says "Ready sunshine?" With a grin. You roll your eyes at his stupid nickname for you, as he says"what? It's cute!" You give him a smile "Yeah sure" you say sarcastically. Yous both go get your papes "Well and who this?" You hear a intimidating and some what sly voice say, you turn round to see two older men standing right infornt of you now."Hiya princess" one of them hissed, "Oi back off ya bum" Says Mush stepping between you and those men."Easy there buddy were just playing!" One of them snarled,"Not for long though" the other one said while grinning,"I hink you heard Mush pal back off or we'll all soak ya!" Said Skittery in a strict voice,"Besides she ain't inta scum like you two" Shot Racetrack at them, "Yeah the delancy sistars!" Mockingly said Crutchie. You could tell that the brothers were in rage, but there were too many newsies so they did the smart thing and...walked away,"We'll see ya lata princess" one of them snarled."What perve's!" Said blink, "I would stay clear of em' dey are no good to boy newsies never mind you" Mush said with anger in his tone. I looked at them walk away with no shame a lot like the way my parents did, they had no shame for anything.I got lost in my thought till Mush called me back to reality,"Come on Willow es papes won't sell em selves!" He said trying to change the mood. You and Mush get all your papes sold just before noon and head back to the lodge house,"Look Willow I'm real sorry for da Delancy brothers..." He says in a sad tone," It's alright there just like what you said anyway" you say trying to change the mood." Yeah I knows, just try da stay clear of em doe" I could see that mush ment it so I answered "I will I promise" and gave him a reassuring smile along with that promise, as we both returned smiles we got back to the lodging house."It's da Brooklyn bonfire night ta night I can't wait, it's amazing!" Mush says as we head upstairs,"Whys it so amazing?" I asked."Well cause all da newsies all around New York come to gather around a bonfire togeda!" He says with excitement,"Wouldn't it be crowded" I say sarcastically, he rolls his eyes before saying "Of course, but dere's free food and beer so dat make up for et". Yous both laugh about it while Mush goes on about how fun and memorable it is."So who reday to partay!" A familiar voice announces as entering the room,I turned round to see it was Jack. Everyone jumps up and run out the door, chanting "Brooklyn...Brooklyn...Brooklyn!". I look over to Mush and see him smiling from ear to ear, he looks too adorable."Ya coming!" He say while standing up to join the others, I look into his deep brown eyes," Of course!" While we run out of the lodging house together smiling at each other chanting for Brooklyn.