Chapter 16

"I neva shoulda brought ice skating up"He said crying with a shakey voice. It hurt Jack to hear how much pain was in his voice, Mush all of a sudden sprinted out of the lodging house "MUSH" they all shouted after him put they knew he would listen to them. They all sat beside Willow crying and trying to fully take in what has happened how a 'fun' trip took their best friends life. Mush sprinted into the street no thoughts on we're he was going he needed her, he couldn't be Mush without her, how could he go one with her gone? He didn't know what to do he couldn't believe it. He walked down a alley way "I need my sunshine.." He said with pain in his tone "Please.." He spoke again looking up at the sky "She was my everything" He said but this time with anger he cried all night so sis the others, no one was able to believe that she was gone. The next day everyone sat about the lodging house none of the newsies wanted to sell papes. Mush walked in he wanted to see her and they knew he wanted to be alone with her they all left. "Sunshine I'm so sorry" He said looking down at her as he held tightly onto her hands "...I'll never forgive myself...I don't want ya to go and leave me here alone...we promised 'forever' your my sun I need ya I can't be happy without ya" He said he was now breaking down "Ya we're da best part of me and now your gone...you were only fifteen..." He said as he felt his heart shatter. A couple of weeks go by, everyone is still grieving and Mush is heart broken he sits up on the roof everyday watching the sun rise and every time he says "Morning sunshine" with a smile and "Goodnight Sunshine" before the sunsets, he now remembers me and thinks of me as the sun...during the day he sits on the rooftop looking at the sun confessing his big, sweet heart out to me about how he misses me and about what he plans to do later on in life as I sit beside him listening "Yeah your doing great out there without me baby.." I say hugging onto him tightly with a smile hoping one day he might feel my presence and know I've been with him listening all along....