Chapter 13

Willow's POV

I went and cleaned Jack up then went downstairs to the other newsies, giving Jack peace and quiet to rest. "Hey you alright?.." Says Skittery as I quietly walked down the stairs,"Yeah I'm fine and Jack is too" I reply looking through the crowded area for Mush. I see him sitting down bedside Racetrack and Kid Blink, I walk over to them and Mush makes room for me to sit beside him "Hey sunshine" He says smiling at me,"If me an Blink were betting who do ya hink will win aye?" Racetrack says laughing "Hmm..hard to say.." I replied sarcastically while the others laugh. "Yeah, we'll I'm gonna head ta bed" Racetrack says with a yawn,"Yeah me too" Skittery says as him and Racetrack walk up stairs."You going ta bed" Mush said looking over at me now "Nah I think I'm gonna stay down here for another while" I say biting my nails. "But Kloppman is gonna come an tell ya otherwise" Mush replied with a grin, I looked up at him quickly before looking away again,"Hey is es bout earlier?.." Mush said softly. I nodded my head "Yeah...I-I guess I'm still...a little shook up..that's all.." I said playing with my hands now,"Wanna go on a walk?" Mush said with a smile as always." I don't know I-..." I said quietly "Nobody's gonna touch ya..I'll be dere" He said holding my hands, I looked up at him and smiled "Alright.." we both walked out of the lodging house hand in hand. We ran about the streets, splashed in puddles, made up silly dances and sang songs as the cold air filled up our lungs, and the whole time I had the biggest,genuine smile on my face. Mush made me happy and I never wanted that to go away, I never wanted to leave his side, I never wanted to go back to the lodging house I wanted to stay like this forever. "Hey so wanna go out ta des beach it's over in Brooklyn!" Mush says giggling "Sure!.." I replied staring into his gorgeous eyes. The night finally came to an end as we went back to the lodging house,"See ya tamarra sunshine" He said before turning round with his back facing me to go to sleep,"Night Mush" I replied climbing into my bed and getting getting comfy. That night it was hard to get to sleep, no matter how much I tossed and turned I couldn't drift off I kept thinking of what happened earlier that day, would I ever escape violence? Would I ever be feel safe and free? Well I did when I was with Mush tonight I felt real happiness for once in my life. I finally drifted off and when I woke up everyone was downstairs for some reason I could her them chatting and some shouting, what was going on? I went intro he showers and got change before seeing what all the racket was about but as I was walking out I pumped into some woman who's clothes were bright and colourful. Her hair was curly and a perfect warm ginger colour, she had beautiful make up on and all the newsies were swarming around her."Why you must be Willow" She said in delight she was Swedish,"Yeah.." I replied softly with a smile "I'm Medda" She says a angelic bow, I smile and bow back to her,"Why you are just something!" She says examining my face "naturally beautiful!" She says looking me up and down now "Wow those clothes really do suit you..-oh and lovely hair.." She says only paying attention to my looks. "Uh..thanks" I reply flustered by her compliments, "now let me know if you need anything dear I'm gonna be your mom, ok!" She says while pulling me in for a big tight hug,"Oh alright!" I say hugging her back. "Hey, Medda Jacks over here!" Racetrack buts in "Oh..my Jack.." She says concerned looking down examining his face. Suddenly I feel someone grab me and pulling me into them,"Now come on before she starts talking to ya again!" Said Mush while practically dragging me down stairs.