CHAPTER 2

Asanele Mkhayo ' s POV

There's nothing I hate in this world than being controlled and being told what to do and what not to do. I know that I'm still young and immature
, sometimes, but this is my childhood. And my life.

I can't even choose who I want to befriend or what sports I want to play .

Being born in a royal family is a curse more than it is a blessing. You are born with responsibilities. Your life is planned even before you are born.

Just as young as I am I have responsibilities. Normal eleven years old are out there worrying about which games to play now or whatever eleven years old worry about.
And I have to worry about the two kingdoms that are at war.

Currently I'm sitting here on the mountains, just me and thoughts.
This is the only place I can find peace unless there's a bad weather.

I wonder what it's like to not being royalty. Maybe you get to have loving parents . People are expecting you to be perfect as if they are. I know I complain a lot but is it wrong that I want parents who will be parents to me not the king or queen?

I have waited for a long time for my parents to tell me that they love me but who am I kidding , even my eldest sibling has given up.

I'm not the first and that's a relief but then if Asenathi Mkhayo, my brother decides not to take the throne, not that father would allow him , the throne would go to the second child but Zintle is a girl so no throne for her . I know , sexist much.
Then the third child , Asanele Mkhayo. Let's just say I'm not looking forward to imprisoning my soul.
Then the last born, Lunathi. Well let's just hope it doesn't get to the point that Lunathi will have to rule.

Life without my siblings would be boring as a potato.

Nkosinathi is the childish older brother and shy around girls.
Zintle is that sister who is cool and she is a lesbian but my parents don't know yet.
And then there's me , I'm the mature sibling.
Lunathi is like Nkosinathi , childish, but way more better than him at the girl department.

As I was still in my own world , an angelic voice interrupted me .
When she greeted me , I smiled . Well it was not intentional , something about her made me want to smile .

She was shocked when I greeted back , she must be knowing who I am.

When she asked me my name , it was my turn to be shocked .

Who doesn't know me in this village, well I guess I'm not that famous.

Cool!

When I asked her to tell me her name I didn't expect her answer.

She sure knows how to speak a lot .
She is telling me information that I had not required. People like her would never survive a day in my world.

She kept on talking about she how she got her nickname . She is one of the crazy ones.

Introducing myself with only my name , no title accompanying it, made me feel great. It made me feel like I can be myself even if it's for once .

When people get to know that I am a prince , they start giving me unnecessary respect and attention . That sucks because even people older than me would suck in their prides and kneel to me if I said so . But I would never do that , I'm not an animal.

Yamihle then asked me if I had a nickname . I then realized that I have been deprived the small things that make someone's childhood a memorable one, again.

I didn't have a nickname.
My parents never gave me one. I don't even have have friends to give me one . My life is indeed pathetic.

I applaud my parents for making me look like a fool in front of a pretty girl.
How can someone's life be this ridiculous.