CHAPTER VII

(IT'S SHORT , PLEASE FORGIVE THE WRITER)

" The surgery was tricky, but a success ."
Lucia released the breath she was holding.
After spending sometime with Nela she went to the waiting room. Many draining and painful hours later , she got these mind and heart relieving news.

Not knowing how to react , she threw herself to Dr Lubanzi, hugging him. This right here was the man who saved her son and she will forever be grateful to him. Obviously God was the one who helped, but Lubanzi allowed himself to be used by Him.

Lubanzi hugged the tiny woman. He had great respect for the latter . He did not know her storyv,but he knew that she was an amazing mother to the young boy. It is rare to see young mothers who love and care for their children.

He respected parents who never left their responsibilities. His real mother left him in the toilets of a taxi rank when he was two years old. His mother used to take him on weekends and then bring him back to his father for the whole week. Fortunately for him , his father is a very influential man and owned taxis all over Gauteng .

One of his father's drivers recognized him and brought him back home. Home to his loving father and stepmother. Her stepmother was and still is the love of his life. She gave him love when his own mother tried to kill multiple times. Even after having her own children, she still loved him. She loved him so much she took a bullet that was meant for him.

"Thank you so much Lubanzi. If you didn't operate on huggy-bunny I would have lost him forever. " Said Lucia , breaking the hug.

Lubanzi smiled as he patted Lucia's head.
"As a doctor I have a moral obligation of helping where I can and that is what I did. The one you should be thanking is the mighty savior above."

" The world needs doctors..."

She was cut off by a throat being cleared. Lucia's nostrils was hit by a manly cologne, a very familiar one. Her eyes instantly shifted to the intruder .

Shane.
There he was in all his glory and arrogance. He had his hands in his pants' pocket , a sadistic smirk on point and his eyes displayed danger.

Lucia knew him very well , he was in his beast killer mode. He was going to hit her here .

Atleast I'm at the hospital , if it gets bad I will get treated just around the corner.

She tried calming herself , but it was not helping because she started sweating . Lubanzi noticed the small changes in her and became protective instantly. His eyebrows rose as he sized Shane up and down.

"Who are you?" Shane insanely laughed at the question. He was not in the mood for an interrogation , especially from a lousy doctor . Today he lost a shipment of heroin  worth more than five hundred  thousand rands and he had come to the hospital to release his frustrations out on Lucia. Finding Lucia all smiley and happy with the doctor angered and excited him at the sametime. All he wanted was to break some bones .

"Lubanzi this is Jayden's father , can you please excuse us ?"
Seeing that Lubanzi would not budge, he was not going anywhere, she continued.
"Please Lubanzi I can handle this." She spoke with gentleness and politeness, she was trying to calm herself for what was to come.

Lubanzi hesitantly left the duo at the empty waiting room.
"Wow Lucia ,a doctor?"
He had an evil smirk plastered on his face and Lucia knew that shit was real for her.

" It's not what you think Shane.  He's the doctor behind our son's recovering and he was just telling me that the surgery was a success. I swear Shane nothing is happening  between us. You don't have to be angry as there's nothing h..." Her ranting was cut off by a very heavy and deafening slap that landed on her left cheek. Just as she was just recovering from the impact , Shane blessed her with another .