Chapter 24

The end of the beginning......

ASANELE'S POV

" I will miss this", whispered Yamihle.

I circled my left arm around her shoulders , while playing with her short hair.She laid her head on my chest .

" Don't be like that ." I said as I kissed her forehead.

Yamihle : Like what ? You are collecting your statement today .

Asanele : So ?

She moved away from my embrace .
She looked into my eyes . Her eyes had tears welling up.

Yamihle : Don't you get it ?

I rolled my eyes . She can't possibly expect me to know what she is talking about . I won't sniff out the issue if she doesn't tell me.

Asanele : Get what ?

Yamihle : You are going to university . You are going far away from me.

So this is why she is emotional .
Honestly , I haven't thought much about us. I have applied to many universities and all that I have applied at , have accepted me , but I haven't thought about how things will be for my relationship.

Asanele : It's not like I'm dying.

Yamihle : You are taking this lightly. What if you meet beautiful girls in Fort Hare ?

Eish ! I didn't tell her that I took the UCT offer. There was nothing wrong about Fort Hare ,but I just decided to do my actuarial science there.

Asanele : Actually , I'm no longer going to Fort Hare , I want to go to UCT.

Silence.
It was the only thing I could hear. I was getting nervous .

Asanele : Say something.

Yamihle : What do you want me to say ? I don't matter in your life . You just make decisions and don't inform so that I can be aware.

Asanele : Are you angry ?

Yamihle : Are you seriously asking me that ?! Asanele didn't you think I deserved to know ?

Asanele : Well I'm telling you now.

Honestly , I don't see why she is making such a big deal out of this. It's not like I'm going to another country.

Yamihle : Wow! You know what I'm done here.

She said , walking away from me.
Just as I was about to run after her , the school bell rang. It was indicating the start of the first period .

She is such a drama queen .

I walked to the hall , where the other former matriculants were sitting.
If I could use one word to describe the mood here it would be tension.

There was a thick cloud of sadness hanging around.

I went to sit with my friends . They were busy conversing as if today was not a stressful day.

Loyiso : Finally you're back.

Asanele : Mxm.

Mikhanyile : And now?

Asanele : It's Mimi.

Luzuko : What did you do?

What did I do ? Trust Luzuko to think I'm the one at fault. He always favours Yamihle's side.

Asanele : I did nothing . She was just being dramatic .

Luzuko : Don't call my sister dramatic.

Mikhanyile : What is she being dramatic about ?