CHAPTER 16

YAMIHLE'S POV

Guess who is living in Gqeberha?
That's me!! Staying with Kuhlekonke has been the best thing ever. I don't have to worry if I would be lucky enough to have a warm meal or if I will get some punishment.

Their place is huge and beautiful , one would swear that the people living here are rich people. I have never seen such beauty.

The food in this house is very delicious and I like it. In the morning we eat bacon , I mean a whole bacon!! I even asked Konke why we were having so many nice food . There's even something called brunch here!!

I love living here.
I don't have to stress about small things and I can proudly say that the problems I have are nice life problems. The only stress I have is how to hold a fork and knife.

Yeah life is good but there's always that small thing trying to be an enemy of progress.

This Asanele thing always pops in my mind but I'm trying to pull my big girl socks up.

" Ma Assie !!"

Konke startled me with her high pitch voice. She was cooking dinner . I tried offering a hand but she refused.

She has been calling me Ma Assie ever since I got here because I'm dating Asanele. I don't know how he will react when I tell him that we are siblings.

Mimi: Coming !!

I went downstairs to find Konke sitting down on the floor in the sitting room.
Konke likes doing weird things , maybe it's what people in Gqeberha do.

Konke : Your food in on the kitchen counter babes.

Did I mention that their house is pretty , and their kitchen is the most beautiful part of it.

Mimi : Thank you Konke.

I took my bowl and went to join her on the floor . Sitting on the floor reminds me back in eXesi , my home.

  She made umphokoqo. I didn't know that Zulu people eat umphokoqo .

We ate in silence , the only thing you could hear would be the sound coming from the TV and  the spoons coming into contact with the bowls.

Konke : She likes umpokoco.

I laughed at the way she pronounced the word.

Mimi: Who ? Zintle?

She nodded.

Konke : According to her there's no day meant for umpokoco. After eating umpokoco , she likes to eat meat.

That sounds like what a Xhosa person would do.

Mimi: You miss her, don't you?

Konke : You have no idea.

Mimi : Why don't you call her again , maybe she will pick up her phone.

She sighed before standing .

Konke :  I tried calling her countless times but same results. I wish she could just call me so I can be sure she's fine.

Mimi : Did you try her brothers ?

I followed her to the kitchen. I sat on the kitchen stool as I watched her fry wings.
She looked like a professional chef. The way she sliced and diced the onion was so perfect.

Konke : Nkosinathi is in Hong Kong on a business thingy and Lunathi has not been answering my calls.

That's interesting. Why would Lunathi avoid Konke' s calls , unless something  happened. No, let me not be a pessimist. Nkosinathi might be busy because of Asanele's current situation.