CHAPTER V

Mthunzi , the superintendent's husband , stood at the boardroom shocked and confused.
Wasn't their baby a still-born ?

" Uhm.. Nela love I'm coming to get you."
He didn't know what to do ,but what he knows is that his wife needs him.
He also needed her.

Mthunzi disconnected the call . He didn't even bother taking his bag from his office , he just took his phone and car keys.

"Postpone my meeting with Kamvelihle Ltd to next week."

He commanded his assistant who was standing outside the boardroom.

The road to the hospital seem long and busy as there was a traffic jam , but that didn't stop him. He didn't even go to the reception , he went straight to the office.

He knocked on the door , but didn't even wait for an answer before opening.
His heart dropped at the sight of his love sitting down on the floor , crying her heart out.

He quickly kneed down and pulled her into his chest. He whispered soothing words into her ear as he brushed her back. His wife was his weakness and he would do anything to make her happy.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

While Mthunzi and Nela were busy comforting each other , Lucia was busy crying at private room Jayden was in.

She felt like a failure. She couldn't protect her child against the world. She was not careful enough . She should have seen the signs before , but she did not.

She slowly got up from the couch and went to the tiny bed Jayden was sleeping at.
Her child was still young , but the things he faced were very pain. Starting from his father neglecting him , losing his twin and then now hemophilia.

Lucia broke down again at the thought of her late daughter. Her lovely Mikayla Liyana Vas Deferens.

Flashback♡

" Mama "

" Yes Kayla ?"

" Kayla loves you more."

"Is it?"

The four year old nodded her head.
Lucia smiled at her daughter and then pulled her into a hug. She may not be the happiest person on earth , but her children made her content.

" Mama loves you too."

Jayden entered the room holding Mikayla's white teddy bear. He was fond of his sister , she was after all his better half.
Where ever Jayden was , Mikayla was also there.

"Look Kayla I brought your Mrs Bear , is your flu gone now?"

Lucia laughed as she pulled her other child into her chest too. She loved how naive they were , pure and everything and wished they don't turn out like their father.

A heartless man who only cares about himself and his gain. A man who has no respect for women . A man who sees women as objects to release his sexual frustrations on.

" Mama is my flu over now ?"
Mikayla asked , her eyes shining with hope.
The eyes of the man she loathed. Both her babies seemed to inherit their father's curly hair and blue eyes . They looked like her , anyone who knew her would never mistaken their identities.

" No my lovely Kayla . It will definitely go away tomorrow. "

Lucia could see the disappointment in their eyes. Today was Saturday which meant that it was pool day. They always spent their Saturday swimming outside.

" But mama you promised us."

They both started to cry. Trust twins to do that. When another cry or is hungry , the second one automatically does the same.
Lucia rolled her eyes as she stood up , picked up Mikayla and placed her on her back while Jayden was placed on her hip.