Chapter 7

YAMIHLE'S POV

"I'm sorry!"
"I swear I didn't sleep with him!"
" Cel'uxolo mama!"

I woke up  drenched with sweat . I was breathing heavily . I couldn't help but wince when I felt my back sore. The memories of the last days were horrible and I wish I could erase them .

The drops of liquid on the surface of my forehead slid down my face . They slid smoothly , they had no struggles unlike me.

Mixed with the feeling of sadness is anger. Anger triggered by people who don't know the meaning of personal space and privacy.

Enzokuhle ,that godforsaken step sister of mine stole MY cell phone and gave it to her parents . I'm sure you can imagine the insults I got ,the beatings and tears I've shed .

🎀 Flashback:

I'm not really angry  with Asanele and I'm sure he knows that I was joking. I'm drama queen by nature , that's what Asa usually say.I think I'm Somizi's long lost daughter  since I'm dramatic , just kidding.

After the Enzokuhle's porridge episode, things were tense at home ,the usuals .

When I go to school I leave my cellphone at home because I get easily destructed when I'm with my phone. Sometimes I take it with me.

Mother: Yamihle iza apha!
( Yamihle come here!)

She was in her room with her husband and kid . Perfect family .

Me : Undibizile mama.
(You called me mama)

Disgust  was adorning their faces. Anger was embracing their eyes.Fear was claiming me.

Father: What a disgrace you are !

He then spit on my face .

Don't cry !
Don't be weak !
Don't let them see your broken self.

I kept reminding myself that I'm stronger.

Mother : Sies! Yamihle!  Why can't you be like Enzokuhle?

Enzokuhle: Mom please forgive her , she is only a child .

Father : Enzo  you always see good in people. While Yamihle wants to try every trick to hurt our reputation. She now sleeps with boys . Not just any boy ,the prince.

Enzokuhle: Ow My God! Sis Yamihle won't you be pregnant?

Thunder and lightning will strike you dead Enzokuhle for me.

Mother: Nkosi yam! Khajonge lento izenza ipublic institution ngenxa yamakhwenkwe. Uhamba ulala nabafana , ucinga bazokutshata mhlambi? Iza ndikuxelele ke public toilet , usisidenge!
( My God! Look at this thing that is making itself a public institution because of boys. You go around sleeping with boys , do you think  maybe they will marry you? Let me tell  you  something you public toilet,you are a fool!)

Enzokuhle: Mama maybe the prince loves her

Mother: Love?Hehe , don't make me laugh Enzo . Love and Yamihle don't fall in the same category.

Enzokuhle: But mama , aren't you being harsh on sis Yamihle?

Father :Enzo there's nothing about being harsh here. Yamihle was just never meant to be loved.