CHAPTER VIII

"What do you mean he escaped!?"

Lubanzi was shaking with anger , his right hand were around one of the guard's neck in a stranglehold. To say he was angry would be an underemphasis, he was livid.

Seeing that the guard's breath was running short , he let go of him . Lubanzi was fuming and he couldn't care about the guard now.

He turned his back on the guard and took his glass with vodka on rocks. He looked at it , his hold tightened on the glass and just when he was about to throw away the glass with its contents , someone stopped him.

"Lubanzi nja yam nday' qonda that izinto ziyakhala nhe , kodwa hayi ngogologo. Ungayilahla yonke enye into , kodwa not ngenyembezi zengelosi engcwele."

( Lubanzi my friend I understand that you are through a tough time ,but not with alcohol. You can throw away anything, but not the tears of the holy angel.)
Said the man who just bust into the room. The man was breathless, showing that he was running.

" Athule khandiyeke joe."

( Athule leave me alone.)

Lubanzi's voice was drained and you could hear that he was tired. Never in his entire life had he been this angry and it was draining his power.

" All of you get out." He didn't have to raise his voice for the guards to get the message.
The guards swiftly left the room .

" Are you going to tell me what's making you this moody?" Athule asked after the door was shut. He moved close to Lubanzi who was staring into space. Nothing good ever came out whenever Lubanzi was like this.

" Lubanzi my friend, talk to me . " Athule leaned on the office table in front of Lubanzi , folding his arms. He didn't like seeing his friend like that.

" I failed to protect them. I'm such a failure ." Tears slid down his face and he buried his face in his hands. Athule went to him and pat his head.

" Athule I failed yet again. I couldn't protect my sister , childhood love and now Lucia. I fail all the women in my life." He was choking in his own tears. Every memory buried deep in his heart was coming back hard.

" Lubanzi man don't say that. It's the Almighty who has the power on these things happening, yours is to be there and welcome all challenges with God by your side. You had no control over your sister's disappearance . As for your childhood love , you loved her and if God wants you to meet again you will. "

" Can we please hit the club?"

At the same time in the same city , at Drink'n'Smash , Diamond was preparing for her next private booking .

She looked at herself in the mirror. This was not her. She was never meant to be like this. A girl who depended on drugs to stay sane. A girl who had to please pervets so she can stay alive.

Alive? Was she really alive ? Everyday she paraded on those cages, poles like she had control while in actual fact , she was a captive. The poles, alcohol, drugs , men and everything has oppressed her.

The one to blame is her mother, the woman who gave birth to her. She chose to believe her husband over her own child. Countless times she told her mother about her stepfather harassing her sexually,but what did her mother do ? Deny her of a mother's love and care .

Even when her mother caught her stepfather red handedly, she was blamed .

You seduced him. Why do you wear short clothes in the house? You wanted your father to sleep with you. You want to ruin my marriage.

In less than a week she was sent to a 'boarding school' and this was the boarding school. This is where she meet even worse men and wished she had endured the pain at home.

She fumbled in her drawer for a roll of weed. When she got one , she unhesitantly lit the narrow roll. She smoked to forget . She just wanted to get high and die.

She left the room and went to her private booking . Ever since Lucia took a leave , she has been getting a lot of private booking. She was really missing her now , she was the only person who cared about her in this place. Maybe it was the pain they were living with that pulled them together.

She was like a robot , she showed no emotion when doing her work. This was the thing she was trained for and she was living it.

After thirty minutes she was done and wanted leave . That was her job , in and out unless she was booked for an after-care. An after-care was when she had to sleep with the men in the private booking. It was the worst thing ever and she could never get used to it.

"Stop there."
The voice was calm and collected, but deep. Diamond's heart stopped for a second. She turned to looked at the person.

"Lumi?"
Diamond's eyes popped out. She was not sure if it was the weed that was making her imagine things. No one has called her that in a very long time . No one called her that except for one person , Lubanzi. Her Lubanzi.

"Luba?"

*****

"What brings you here?"
She asked coldly at the man standing at the door. She looked back at her baby sleeping peacefully on the bed .

" Is he yours?" Asanele asked as he entered the hospital room. Lucia looked at the man who still made her all gooey and stuff in the heart even after all theses years.

" Yes , do you have a problem with that ?"

"No. I don't have a problem with that. "

Lucia nodded and stood up from the chair.
She folded her arms while moving towards Asanele. "What do you want from me Asanele?"

They stood dangerously close to each other . Asanele swallowed his saliva . He isn't supposed to think about how perfect the woman's lips would feel on his. Especially since he is married and his wife is heavily pregnant .

"I came to apologize. "

"Okay you can leave now." Her heart was scolding her for chasing him away.

My heart why are you so stupid? He is married for heaven sake. Love yourself.

Asanele looked into her eyes and he could see the hunger in them. Lucia looked Asanele's eyes and down to his lips.

Absent-mindedly Asanele brushed her cheeks. She leaned into the touch and closed her eyes while enjoying his warm hands . Tears threatened to escaped as she felt the warmth she has been lacking. Asanele still had an effect on her.

It then snapped, Asanele is married.
She could not do a fellow woman like that.
" Asa you're someone else's husband , we can't do this."

"Yeah you're right. "

They then awkwardly moved away from each other. What they didn't know was that someone has already seen them through the small glass on the door and even took a picture of them.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Danko 💙

I know it's not that much , but I had to deliver something since it's been a while.

Enkosini 🤟💙