CHAPTER 3

YEARS LATER

Yamihle's POV

"Yamihle Shila!"
My maths teacher ,Mr Sidiga, yelled my name.I must have zoned out, again.

I quickly looked up at him .He was super duper angry. But to be honest, I've never seen him NOT angry. I swear that guy hates my guts . I don't really understand people who hate a cute little girl like m..

Mr Sidiga : You zoned out again Shila!

Me: Xolo mfundisintsapho( Sorry teacher)

He was more than fuming now ,not because I zoned out again but because I spoke my own home language .
I don't know why he doesn't want us to speak isiXhosa in his class. Doesn't he know that speaking English all the time is tiring?

Mr Sidiga: Shila come solve this .

It was one of those  simultaneous equations that are supposed to be hard or they are hard for other people but not for me .

I stood up from my desk and took a long white chalk from the chalk box . I glanced at the two equations on the chalk board. I solved the little snack in front of me .

Me : Ndigqibile mnumzana.( I'm done sir.)

The corner of his lips started twitching , he is mad. Poor him .

I slowly put  the chalk on my school dress, don't judge, chalk is life.

After the maths period every period flew by quickly and it was break time.
The school grounds were full of kids .

I took my Tupperware container and went to get food at the kitchen . Today the aunties cooked pap , spinach and pilchard .
Not the best of dishes but it's still food .

After getting my food I went to sit under the tree next to my class. Half way through my food I heard a group of boys singing  amagwijo and being a lover of amagwijo and also I knew who was singing I went near them.

They were the grade 12 boys and I smiled when I saw the one who makes my heart bake vetkoeks . He was wearing his full school uniform as always , so formal and neat. Even after all these years he is still able to warm up my insides.

It's as if he felt my presence and he looked at my direction . He smiled and walked away from the group of boys and came my way. I couldn't stop blushing .

" Stharara sam" ( my love)

Me: Asa wam ( my Asa)

Asa: Masambe siyeback.( Let's go to the back)

With that said we went to the back of the classrooms , where no one is there. Asa and I started dating when  I turned 10 years old and today is our 5th year anniversary.

Me: Happy 5th year anniversary  and may we have more to come.

Asa: Amen my love.

He pulled me into a hug , causing me to drop my food but I didn't care. Asa was now tall and when I say tall I really mean it . And I on the other hand I've gained weight and not much height.  I'm one of those unfortunate souls that are vertically challenged. Asa is still darker and has the most sweetest lips in the world.

I pulled back from the hug and went to sit on the abandoned desk but not before Asa made sure it was clean.

Me: Asa we have to talk.

Asa: Nganton mtuwam?( About what my person)

Me: Asa we both know that your grade 12 farewell is in the next few days and you will have to go with a female partner . We both know that it is not going to be me as I'm still in grade 10.