CHAPTER 22

" Mimi I have an ask. "
Said Asanele as he pulled Yamihle close into his chest . They were sitting at the gentle slope of the mountain . The place where they first met.

" Okay ."
Yamihle tensed in Asanele's arms.

Asanele : What happened when I was gone ?

For a brief moment silence graced them.
Mild wind slapped their bodies .

Yamihle's heart was beating fast and dangerously.

Yamihle : What do you mean?

Asanele : Everything is just different now.

Yamihle shifted uncomfortably , causing Asanele to let go of her.

This was hard on her. The only thing that came into her mind was that Asanele was suspecting they were siblings.

While Asanele was referring to Zintle. He just wanted to know if she might know what is going on.

Yamihle not knowing what to do or say . She didn't even know if he might break up with her. Sure she can live without him but her heart and life will never be the same without him.

Asanele has always been a huge part of her life . He always made sure that she was okay . He prioritized her well-being more than she can.

She just looked at his eyes and cried. Asanele was confused . Did she know what Zintle went through ? Was she there ? Many questions kept invading his mind.

He pulled her to his chest . He was comforting her but the confusion in his face accumulated with Yamihle's sobs.

Asanele : What's wrong Mimi ? Thetha nendonda yakho kaloku .

( Speak with your man.)

That made her cry more. She wanted to say ," you're my brother , not my man ."

Yamihle : I'm sorry Asa . I should have told you earlier on but I was scared .

Asanele : What are you talking about?

Yamihle : I swear Asa I also didn't know. It happened by mistake. Please let's not break up.

Asanele: Break up ? Are you okay ?

Asanele was beyond confused right now.

Yamihle : I'm sorry Asa but we can't continue dating. I hate myself for saying this . I don't know what I want but I know we can't be together.

Asanele : Bububhanxa bantoni ngoku obu ubuthethayo wena Yamihle ?

( What nonsense are you talking now Yamihle ?)

Yamihle : We are sib...

Before she could continue , they heard heavy footsteps . It's like someone was running . They quickly turned their heads and looked at the being with curious eyes.

" I knew I would find you here !" Said the person  , gasping for air. He bent and placed his hands on his knees. He was busy catching his breath , not knowing he was killing the duo with curiosity with every passing second.

Finally when he was able to catch his breath , he looked at them . He was nervous on how he was going to break these news to them because he was sure they would break Asanele.

Tears formed in her eyes. He wished he was not the one to break these news to him. When he came running like an insane person from his home till he was at the mountain , he didn't rehearse how he was to tell Asanele. His first thought was Asanele.

" Uhm.. Zintle she.. Zin...."

He couldn't finish delivery his message , he just sobbed. His sobs were loud and carried pain. Asanele just took him into his arms.

Asanele on the other side was confused and clueless but because of the sobs , tears assembled in his eyes . As well as Yamihle's.

" Shh! It's okay . Tell me what happened to Zintle ? "

He tried keeping his voice steady and calm but the traces of pain couldn't be missed .

" Lunathi please calm down."

Lunathi felt like he was suffocating . He was struggling to breathe . At this point he was having a panic attack. He tried breathing with the help of Yamihle and his brother.

When they were able to calm him down , Asanele wanted to hear the news he came with. Asanele and Yamihle looked at him with worried eyes.

Lunathi :( wiping his  tears) I'm sorry Bhuti . Few hours ago I went to Zintle's room but the guards you appointed didn't allow me. But I had to make a plan so I sneaked in during lunch. When I got there I didn't find her so I went to the bathroom. Tha.. that's where ( sniffing) I saw her . There was blood all over. She committed suicide .

As if a mysterious force was at work , Asanele stumbled back. Yamihle and Lunathi came to hold him before he fell.

He couldn't believe it.

His only sister was gone. His strongest sibling was no more. The most protective sibling .

First he couldn't help her deal with her demons and now she was not one with them.

And it was all his fault .
If only he didn't appoint guards to patrol there , maybe Lunathi would have helped her in time.

Now he will never see his first lady. Nor hear her voice.  Ever again.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️

Danko 💙✌️

I know it's extremely short 😔 sorry.