Evie

Welcome to my writers block book, the book I use to help with my writer's block.

Just want to add that this is going to be a pretty dark book compared to most of my others. There will be things such as torture, self harm, and a few other dark things but there will always be a trigger warning at the beginning of the chapter for what happens in the chapter.

*Evie's P.O.V*

I stared into the mirror, trying to get a hold of myself. The panic attacks had started coming more frequently, small things had started to trigger them and would leave me an absolute mess. It was hard to control my emotions. It was even harder to ignore how quickly my world had changed within a few months.

I was born in the Village, my parents named me Evie. However everyone, including them, seemed obsessed with saying that I was a Freak. My iris's were a silverish white color and that was wrong. My hair was the darkest black color mixed with strands of gray hair and that was strange. My skin was so pale I was almost translucent and that was unnatural. I was christened Freak for most of my life until they needed me.

It was on my 18th birthday. They needed me as a sacrifice for Mother Miranda. They had tied me up and left me in the woods for either Mother Miranda or for the wild animals to feast on. I had screamed for hours, in hatred and anger before I lost my voice.

Then she came. She descended in a flurry of feathers and I was left in awe of the woman before me. She whispered sweet nothings of how I wasn't a freak, a gift she had called me, and how I would be serving a greater cause. She had taken me back to a laboratory and I remembered terrible pain as I was cut open, remembering how she kept mentioning the Cadou as something was inserted in me.

I had spent a week straight blacking out and screaming myself hoarse from the pain. That was when I had started to hate Mother Miranda. She simply watched me when I was awake, watching as I writhed in agony from her stupid Cadou. She was making note of the changes I was going through, I found out that later on.

My body had changed as I writhed on a cell floor. I was taller, not by much but I was taller, standing at a good 5'7" by the end of the transformation. As soon as I was well enough to stand Mother Miranda had started testing me. She called what I could do my abilities, I called them my powers.

I discovered I could levitate, only a few feet but it was still cool to me. I could also disappear into the shadows, become one with them. I found it a cruel irony that I had lived my life in the shadows and would continue to do so. I was practically invincible, except it took forever to heal so if I got injured enough I could die but it would take a lot to kill me.

Mother Miranda said I was a failed experiment though. She only called me the experiment at this point, refusing to call me Evie. Her eyes flashed with a sort of dark and sick hatred when I asked and that was when she had started pushing my powers to the limits. I liked the powers enough but she made me use them from the time I got up to the time that I slept.

The downside to these really cool powers was that I was forced to consume human flesh and blood to sustain myself. Sure I could eat other foods but human flesh and blood were the only thing that would truly keep me alive.

My reluctance to not eat human flesh or drink blood had caused great anger in Mother Miranda. She said that even though I was a failed experiment, I was still an experiment that she intended on keeping alive. She had force fed me a few times and that was why I had stayed with her for so long, she had only let me go because I was being placed in her daughter's hands and she trusted her to keep me in line.

That led to me traveling to Lady Dimitrescu's home. I was in awe of the large castle that the woman lived in. It was a beautiful castle, the occupants of the home were even more beautiful if I was being honest. Our first meeting had been rather awkward, the Dimitrescu daughters had just kind of stared at me before transforming into their fly form and buzzing off. Lady Dimitrescu hadn't bothered to greet me, a maid had shown me to my room.

That's where I had stayed for the past couple days. Food had been delivered to my room by a maid, every single day at the same time. They never tried to speak to me, they simply handed me the food and scurried away. I watched them leave with an amused smile, they acted like mice running from a cat. It was amusing to me, I didn't bite...much.

Most of the food remained untouched, sent back when the maids came to take the dirty dishes. I would only eat when I absolutely had to. I wouldn't eat more than what I needed to survive. That's what I had been telling myself ever since I discovered my new diet.

The panic attacks had increased in frequency since I had locked myself in the room. Before I had been changed into this...this monstrosity, my panic attacks only happened once or twice a year. I have now had four in the past three days. Everything reminded me of home and I wanted nothing more than to free myself from this cage I was now trapped in. I wanted to be free, I wanted to be me.

I snapped out of my thoughts as my hand hit the glass of blood sitting on the vanity. I glanced from it to the mirror and an idea formed as I dipped my finger into the blood. I lifted my hand to the mirror and carefully wrote, watching the blood trickle down the mirror as I wrote. I sat back to admire the words that were staring at me.

The mirror now said 'My name is Evie' on it. It was beautiful, it was wonderful. I was Evie. I wasn't Freak, or the experiment, or anything else.

"My name is Evie," I whispered with a soft smile, the first time I had smiled in months.