Disobedience

*Evie's P.O.V*

When I woke up, the fuzziness in my head was still there. It was like this all consuming thing that made me feel small and also made me want to cuddle with Lady Dimitrescu. I would never do that if that fuzziness wasn't there, absolutely not!

I wriggle out from under the covers, looking down at the floor. It looks like a long drop down so I hesitate before I start to lower myself down, clinging to the sheets just slightly. I hear an amused sounding chuckle which makes me freeze, glancing up to see Lady Dimitrescu watching me in her vanity mirror. My cheeks burn with embarrassment as I realize she was watching me try to get down.

"Would you like some help, little one?" Lady Dimitrescu asks as she stands up. I open my mouth to protest but can't force myself to decline the help that I really needed. I nod with a small frown on my lips as she makes her way over to the bed, picking me up before she sets me down on the floor.

"Thank you," I mutter, my face still burning from embarrassment. I may be embarrassed but I wouldn't be rude to her. That would probably just end up with me standing in the corner. I still kind of didn't believe that she would do that but I knew better than to push my luck.

"You are very welcome," Lady Dimitrescu asks. She gets down to eye level, tilting my head up slightly so she can look into my eyes. "Do you want to cuddle?" she asks as she holds out an arm. I shake my head, stepping back after a moment.

"That is fine darling," Lady Dimitrescu says as she puts her arm back down. "If you would like to cuddle at any time though, you may come to me," she says as she smiles down at me. I nod as I step away, fidgeting with one of my sleeves.

"'m gonna go take care of Horse," I inform her after a moment, glancing up at her.

"It is cold outside, put on a coat if you're going outside," Lady Dimitrescu says.

"Why? I can't even get sick," I point out with a small pout forming on my lips. I couldn't believe she was being mean and wanted me to wear a coat of all things.

"Because I care for you and just because you can not feel the pain of the cold on your hands, does not mean that your arms and hands will not freeze if you are out there long enough," Lady Dimitrescu says. "Now, will you wear a coat?" she asks as she arches an eyebrow while I stare into her eyes.

"Yes," I say reluctantly as I step away. I morph into the shadows and form back into my human form just down the hall. "I am so not wearing a coat," I mutter as I walk down the hall quickly, ignoring the few maids that I passed that gave me strange looks.

I make my way outside, shutting the door behind me quickly so that the cold air doesn't get inside. I walk across the snow, realizing very quickly that I was not wearing any shoes. I could feel the cold against my feet but it was just cold, it's not like it hurt or anything. I enter the barn, seeing Horse standing there as she stomps her hoof.

"Oh shush, I am late one time and you think you can stomp your hoof at me," I playfully scold her as I break up the ice that has started to coat her water bucket. She had plenty of hay available to her so I just had to give her some oats.

"Lei will be back soon, hopefully," I mutter the last word to myself as I just outside the barn, Horse following me as she chews on some hay. I reach over and pet her, resting my head against the wall of the barn as I watch the snow fall down and start to pile up.

I missed our little crow friend, she had become a constant in my life and Horse's. I missed hearing her little crow noises. I sigh as I run a hand through my hair, pouting as Horse nuzzles me, nearly knocking me over with her big head.

"Stop it," I giggle as I kiss the space between her eyes, my hand petting the top part of her head as my fingers tangle in her mane. I would need to braid her mane soon, it was starting to get tangled up. I eventually pull away from Horse, turning to go back into the barn.

I freeze when I see Lady Dimitrescu, my whole body going rigid with shock. I had not expected to see her in the barn. I quickly realize that she will not be happy with me because I am not wearing a coat nor did I put shoes on. I thought maybe I could hide the second fact by burying my feet into the snow as she walks closer.

"You truly like to misbehave so much?" Lady Dimitrescu asks as she looks down at me, her eyes glowing since the shadow of her hat darkened her face. I fidget after a moment, shaking my head after a moment as Horse nudges me.

"I didn't do anything," I say quietly.

"That is right, you didn't put a coat on like I asked and I had hoped you would have been sensible enough to put on some shoes before coming outside when it is snowing," Lady Dimitrescu says. This was the first time I had ever heard her sound truly angry and it kind of scared me. I liked it better when she wasn't angry with me.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask after a moment, looking down at the snow like it was the most interesting thing I've ever seen.

"Big trouble," Lady Dimitrescu says. I nod at that before morphing into the shadows, using the shadows to fast travel to the house. I form again in the middle of a hallway, nearly landing on Bela.

"Save me from your mother," I say, seeing Bela stare at me. I must have looked a mess seeing as I was now shaking, the cold air having finally affected me. Bela sighs as she grabs my hand, pulling me after her.