Waking

*Evie's P.O.V*

I woke up early in the morning, my head pounding slightly. I struggled to sit up, feeling fear cloud my mind as I didn't recognize my surroundings. I hissed slightly in surprise when I felt a hand rest on my head.

"Easy Evie, you are with me," Lady Dimitrescu said quietly. My head turned slightly and I realized that I was laying on top of her. Her yellow eyes seemed to glow in the dark of the room. I flushed slightly as I struggled to climb off of her.

"Why am I with you?" I asked quietly when she helped me sit next to her. I felt sluggish and my head felt heavy. Lady Dimitrescu smoothed my hair back as she looked at me.

"I fed you some of my blood, it tends to be a bit much for most the first time that they drink it. I figured it was best to keep an eye on you and I was right. You do not look well," Lady Dimitrescu said.

"Why did you feed me your blood?" I demanded to know as I forced myself to sit up. The room was cloaked in shadows, I could defend myself if I needed to. I hoped I wouldn't need to because Lady Dimitrescu was much stronger than I was.

"You were quite weak from exerting yourself so much so I had to," Lady Dimitrescu said as she raised an eyebrow. "Would you have preferred to be unconscious for the next few days instead?" she asked me.

"No but I don't exactly have a choice in it now do I?" I questioned. Lady Dimitrescu snorted softly at the question.

"You did not complain last night. In fact you bit down harder when I tried to pull my arm away?" Lady Dimitrescu asked with a small grin. I flushed at her words and even though my head spun when I moved, I tried to scoot off of her bed. "You shall hurt yourself Evie," she warned as she moved closer to support me.

"I do not need your help Lady Dimitrescu," I said politely as my fingers dug into the blanket when I slid off of the bed. Lady Dimitrescu gently grabbed my shoulder, holding me up gently.

"The fact you can barely stand tells me otherwise," Lady Dimitrescu said simply.

"I'm fine," I said as I pushed her hands off of me. I struggled to stand for a moment before I felt her hand on my shoulder again.

"You clearly are not fine," Lady Dimitrescu said. "Do you wish to go back to your room?" she questioned me.

"Yes," I said as I nodded my head. I squeaked softly when she lifted me up, cradling me like I was a baby. "I didn't want you to pick me up," I complained as I looked up at her, my head resting on her arm as I looked up at her.

"You complain a lot, darling girl," Lady Dimitrescu said as she cradled me. I whined softly at her words, looking up at her with a frown on my lips.

"You give me a lot of reasons to complain," I said simply. I crossed my arms over my chest, just staring up at her with a small frown.

"I think you just like complaining, whether you have a reason to or not, little one," Lady Dimitrescu said.

"I am not little," I retorted.

"You are one of the smallest people here and you say you are not?" Lady Dimitrescu asked, sounding quite amused.

"I am not a little one," I retorted since I couldn't argue her point.

"Sure you aren't darling," Lady Dimitrescu laughed as she carried me up the stairs. I wanted to object to her holding me but I didn't want to end up falling down the stairs. Although at the moment I think I preferred the idea of falling down the stairs than to being cradled by Lady Dimitrescu of all people.

"If I call you mean will you drop me to my death?" I asked quietly.

"No, I would not," Lady Dimitrescu said. "Are you set on ending up dead for some reason?" she questioned me.

"Sometimes I am," I said simply. "Is Mother Miranda going to kill me?" I questioned curiously as I tilted my head.

"You're one of the most successful experiments that she's had with the Cadou, why would she kill you?" Lady Dimitrescu asked. I frowned at her words, wondering why she would say that. Mother Miranda absolutely hated me, that much I knew.

"Then why does she look like she wants to strangle me almost all of the time?" I asked. Lady Dimitrescu paused. She had gone down a hall that led to my room.

"You remind Mother Miranda of someone that she misses very much," Lady Dimitrescu said simply. "It's very hard for Mother Miranda to see you when she is still missing that person," she stated.

"Well I don't like her very much, she is cruel to me," I informed her. Lady Dimitrescu sat me down when we reached my room.

"You do not have to like her but don't try and upset her Evie," Lady Dimitrescu said simply. "I would hate for you to get hurt," she said simply.

"I don't mind getting hurt, I want revenge," I informed her simply as I raised my chin up slightly to meet her gaze.

"Then I will be here to pick up the pieces when your plan backfires," Lady Dimitrescu said simply as she smoothed my hair back. "Be safe Evie, my daughters are very attached to you and I must admit that I am fond of you as well," she said before turning and leaving.

I stood there for a moment, looking after her before I leaned against my door frame. I shut the door behind me, standing in the darkness of my room as I walked over to my bed. I collapsed onto my bed, laying on the bed silently as I buried my face into the pillow. I turned over slightly, seeing light filter through my window with a small frown on my lips. I had much to ponder about what Lady Dimitrescu said.