Sword

*Evie's P.O.V*

I shift uncomfortably as I stand in place, looking around as I try to find an escape. The armory has no windows so I can't throw myself out of any of those and Lady Dimitrescu is blocking the doorway so I can't try and escape through there.

"This armory is nice. Did you design it?" I blurt out, trying to distract the conversation away from me and towards her. It probably wouldn't work but I could still try my best to escape any punishment that she may want to give me.

"No, at least not how it looks now. Cassandra took over this room and has changed many things. Most she does not tell me about. Some she does. Mainly when she wishes to remove things like a wall," Lady Dimitrescu says.

"Why would she remove walls?" I question after a moment, frowning.

"To make the space bigger. Since we're asking questions, why do you choose to disobey me? Is it fun for you?" Lady Dimitrescu asks. I pout as I realize my plan to distract her hasn't worked well at all. In fact she had turned it around on me.

"It's kind of fun," I admit as I look around the armory, still looking for an escape. There is a vent but I can't exactly fit through it. At this moment I'm wishing that I had the power to disperse into a bunch of bugs to fit through the vent.

"So you disobey me because you find enjoyment in it?" Lady Dimitrescu questions and I hesitantly nod my head. It was really fun to disobey her, as long as there were no consequences or anything like that.

"That is interesting. So if I give you rules, you will not follow them?" Lady Dimitrescu asks a follow up question and I shrug after a moment. I could follow her rules or I could not, it all depended on if I wanted to.

"I don't like rules," I say instead of answering her question as I move over to one of the things that hold swords. Cassandra has them polished and they are all so nice and shiny. I want to hold one so I try to pull one out. A squeak escapes me when I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I slowly tilt my head back to see Lady Dimitrescu behind me.

Lady Dimitrescu was having to crouch slightly to fit in the room which I thought was kind of strange. Shouldn't every room be tall enough for her? I mean maybe that was just me but I thought that was how it should be.

"It's shiny, I want to play with it," I inform Lady Dimitrescu as I try to pull the sword out again. It's heavier than I thought it would be but I can pull it up just a little bit before Lady Dimitrescu grabs my elbow and stops me from doing so.

"You do not have Cassandra's permission to play with her things. On top of that, I do not think that you should be playing with sharp objects," Lady Dimitrescu says matter-of-factly. I pout at her words, tilting my head back to look at her before I look back at the sword.

"It is shiny, I want it," I state as I stare at the sword with a pout. I let go of it reluctantly and it settles back into place. I turn around, hiding my face into her dress with a huff. If I couldn't play with the sword then I would just be a thorn in her side by clinging to her leg. My nails dig into her legs slightly as I refuse to let go of her.

"Well you can not have it little miss," Lady Dimitrescu says. She bends down and picks me up, straightening up as much as she can as she lets me cuddle into her. It wasn't my fault that I was being so clingy. I just wanted to cling to her for some reason and since I couldn't think of a rational reason not to, I would do what my mind wanted me to.

"You give sword now?" I ask as I glance up at Lady Dimitrescu. She shakes her head no and I pout. I was so sure she would give me what I wanted.

"Meanie," I mutter under my breath. Lady Dimitrescu looks down at me and smooths my hair back, chuckling slightly.

"I know I am so mean to not let you play with a sharp object that is much too dangerous for you," Lady Dimitrescu says. Her tone sounds weird, kind of like she was joking but I just nod my head. I did think she was mean for not letting me play with a sword, I should be allowed to play with whatever I wanted.

"Darling, if I give you what you want and something happens, I could never forgive myself," Lady Dimitrescu sighs as tilts my chin up so I have to look at her.

"Nothing bad will happen," I assure her, which makes her smile slightly.

"Still a no," Lady Dimitrescu says which makes me puff out my cheeks as I pout. That just makes her chuckle so I hide my face into her dress so she can't laugh at me anymore.

"Not laugh," I say as I hold on tightly to her dress.

"I am sorry but you are just so adorable," Lady Dimitrescu states, making me push my face into her dress even more. Her words aren't helping how I feel, which is small and safe. Being around her was the only time that I could feel safe and small at the same time.

"Not adorable," is all I mutter out.

"Sure you are not," Lady Dimitrescu says as she rubs my back. I settle into her hold as she carries me out of the armory. I wriggle to look over her shoulder and look at the swords longingly. I was so going to play with those, if it was the last thing that I could do. I mean I couldn't get in trouble if I just never told Lady Dimitrescu and I would make sure I never told her and that she didn't find out.