Alcina

*Evie's P.O.V*

I don't manage to get to explore the part of Lady Dimitrescu's study that I want to but I can't complain too much since she could have easily kicked me out of her study. Instead I end up sitting on the floor and looking at the portraits she has lining the walls. Most of them are her, which isn't totally surprising, and there are a few of the girls.

I climb onto one of the chairs to get a better view of one of the portraits. It's quite fun to be so tall just by standing on the chair. I study the portrait of Lady Dimitrescu closely, leaning against the back of the chair to get close enough that I can observe all the portraits.

The chair nearly topples and I panic, letting out a shaky breath when it stops. There's a hand on my back that keeps me from falling and I glance behind me to see Lady Dimitrescu giving me a very unimpressed look. I smile innocently at her, hoping that she would forgive me for nearly toppling over one of her chairs.

"Chairs are not made for standing on, you can kneel or sit down but I do not want to see you standing on another chair," Lady Dimitrescu warns and I pout slightly, lowering my head.

"Was just trying to look at your portrait," I mutter, upset that she didn't want me to see her portrait. I thought she was nice, yet she was getting on to me for wanting to see her portrait.

"I understand that darling but just ask me to pick you up so you can see the portraits," Lady Dimitrescu says. I huff slightly as I turn to face her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You were on the phone with bird lady, didn't want to interrupt," I argue, trying to get her to see from my point of view.

"I haven't been on the phone with her for a bit darling. I've just been watching you try and climb up the walls to get up to the portraits," Lady Dimitrescu says, making my cheeks burn as I duck my head. So she had been watching me for a little bit...well then why hadn't she helped me get up to see them?!

"That's creepy. And you should have been a nice lady and helped me up to see them," I say firmly as I stare at her with a frown. I can see her lips twitch slightly in amusement before she shakes her head slightly.

"Well come here then darling and I will hold you so that you can see the portraits," Lady Dimitrescu offers. I hesitate for a moment before stepping closer, letting her lift me up so that I can see the portraits. I study the one closest to me, not really noticing that Lady Dimitrescu is letting me rest against her side as she uses one arm to support me.

I think that it is Lady Dimitrescu since it looks so much like her. Just smaller...still pretty but not as tall. I can only guess that because there are men around her and they look to be normal sized. Unless they're holding giant instruments which would be very funny in my opinion. I fidget slightly as I glance at Lady Dimitrescu who raises an eyebrow.

"What is it darling?" Lady Dimitrescu asks as she smiles softly.

"Is you? But small," I add, hoping to have her answer my question. She chuckles softly as she nods her head.

"Yes darling, it's me but smaller," she says as she nods her head.

"Why?" I ask as I tilt my head, earning another chuckle from her.

"Because I was not always this tall darling," Lady Dimitrescu answers, making me frown at her.

"That's not true," I disagree, shaking my head. Tall people were always tall, always!

"I am afraid it is darling. I know that that must be a shock to hear but I was not always this tall," she states and I huff at that.

"So your height is a fake," I state, making her lips twitch up into a smile for the barest moment.

"I don't think me not always being tall makes my height fake Evie," Lady Dimitrescu states. The way she says my name makes me smile. I like when she says my name, she always says it softly and like she cares about me.

"It does so," I nod my head firmly after a moment before leaning to look at the other portraits. Most of them are of her out in some garden. It's a very pretty garden although there isn't much snow.

"Flowers are also lies. It's snowy out there," I point out as I try to look out the window.

"Yes it is snowy out there," Lady Dimitrescu agrees. "But those flowers are real. They reside with Donna Beneviento in a place where the snow can't form on the ground because the flowers are so tightly woven that none can get past the plants," she explains.

"I don't like her place. Her flowers make me see things," I state with a frown, pulling away from the portrait and tucking my head against Lady Dimitrescu who chuckles.

"I am sorry darling. They only did that because they thought you were an intruder. Next time you visit, they won't do that," Lady Dimitrescu informs me.

"Not going to be a next time, Lady Dimitrescu," I huff. "I've decided her place is evil and I not like it," I state firmly.

"I'm sure she would love for you to come visit her," Lady Dimitrescu says as she lifts me up a little bit higher so that I can be eye level with her. I stare into her golden eyes curiously.

"You don't have to call me Lady Dimitrescu, I'd be more than happy to have you call me Alcina," Lady Dimitrescu states. I pause at that, tilting my head curiously as I look at Lady Dimitrescu.

"I can?" I ask quietly, making her chuckle softly as she nods.

"Okay....Alcina," I agree after a moment, making her smile. Her fangs are kind of sharp and I mimic her smile, staring at her fangs. She presses a kiss to my forehead before I turn my attention back to the portraits.