Sisters

*Evie's P.O.V*

Something was wrong with me. And by something, I meant many things but most importantly there was one specific thing that was wrong with me. A big one...a huge one in fact!

It was the simple fact that I was overwhelmed at the moment. I wasn't sure why, it was like an amalgamation of a bunch of different things. Like people talking, it was like I could hear every conversation happening in this house and it was horrible. My head would be pounding off if it wasn't for the fact that I tried to quiet the voices with alcohol. 

I had snuck away from Daniela after my nap, which I hadn't wanted to take and she was mean for tricking me into napping. 'Stupid thoughts, stay on track,' I tell my thoughts sternly as I shake my head with a small frown on my lips.

I had snuck away from Dani and went to the wine cellar to smuggle some of the wine out from under Lady Dimitrescu's nose. And no, I wasn't going to call her Mommy right now, I didn't feel that little plus I was being naughty for the sake of being naughty.

I stare at the empty wine bottle, turning it upside down and trying to shake out of any of the leftover wine onto my hand. I actually got a few drops out and I licked them off, enjoying the flavor of the blood and wine as it lingered on my tongue.

It's done a bit to muddle my senses but not enough for me to be able to block out the sound of all the people talking. Did they have to be able to talk? Why couldn't they do their job without talking?

"Stupid maids," I kick my feet out, dramatically throwing myself backwards. I wince when I hit my head on the ground, feeling the delish bite of pain that follows the action. The pain doesn't last long as I realize I've shattered the wine bottle when my hand hit the ground.

"You're not very..." I trail off as I realize that I don't in fact know the word I want to say.

"Indestructible," a familiar voice chimes in and I groan, turning over onto my belly and right into the pile of glass. I ignore the sharp points, looking at Bela with a small frown.

"You're not the sister I wanted," I say listlessly, a small huff escaping me as I look at her. Maybe it was rude but I was just saying the truth and you should always say the truth.

"Sister?" Bela raises an eyebrow, making me hiss slightly.

"Sister as in out of you and the two others that are sisters," I state, making her smirk.

"I wouldn't mind if you referred to me as your sister Evie, in fact it would be rather cute," Bela states, making my cheeks flush.

"Go away," I whine, kicking my legs out in frustration against the ground. The glass underneath me digs into my skin and I freeze slightly, feeling the blood welling up from my actions. My cheeks flush as I realize that my shirt is probably going to be bloody and I'll have to explain it to people.

"Which sister did you want?" Bela asks, capturing my attention. I stare at her with an open mouth, forgetting how to answer her question as she approaches me.

"What?" I say dumbly, glad to have her voice to drown out the others that were filling my ears at the moment.

"You said I wasn't the sister you wanted, who did you want?" Bela asks, making me perk up as I sit up.

"Cassandra, cause everyone is talking way too loud for me and I want her to cut out their tongues," I inform Bela who snorts slightly, rolling her eyes slightly as she comes over to me and holds out her hands. I accept the offered hands with a small frown, squealing when she pulls me up and settles me on her hip.

"It's a good thing Cas isn't here then huh little bird?" Bela asks, making my cheeks flush at the nickname.

"I wish she was," I whisper as I twist my fingers together, feeling very shy and little about her nicknames.

"She's just upstairs, we can go see her in a bit. First I want to take care of your cuts," Bela states, making me furrow my brows. I whine slightly when she touches my stomach. I squirm slightly, squealing when she sets me down.

"I don't need my cuts to be treated," I say shyly, flushing when Bela takes my hand and starts to guide me out of the wine cellar. I follow her, feeling little from how gentle she's being with me.

"Yes you do, it would be a shame if I let your cuts get infected as you are my baby sister now and big sisters must look after their little sisters," Bela explains like it's simple. It's not simple to me though, it sounds like she's claiming me as her sister and it makes me feel giddy from her words.

"You mean it?" I breathe out, forgetting all of the annoyance that I had just had with the world.

Bela nods, making me throw my arms around her as I squeal happily. She wraps her arms around me, sighing softly as I cuddle into her.

"Breathe Evie," Bela reminds me after a moment and I realize that I've stopped breathing in my excitement.

"I don't wanna," I say, still without taking a breath which makes her raise an eyebrow.

"If I breathe then it may be a dream and I really don't want this to be a dream," I tell Bela as she guides me into a room, her room I realize after a moment, and stare at her.

"It's not a dream. Now breathe," Bela says as she grabs my chin, resting her forehead against mine. I stare into her eyes, taking a slow breath as she moves my hand to her chest. I copy her breathing out of instinct, a small smile on my lips as she closes her eyes and lifts her head up, kissing my forehead after a moment. I squeal happily, feeling my breathing stop again as I realize that this is real.