Meeting

*Evie's P.O.V*

I melted into the shadows as I entered the meeting room, looking over the Lords with a small frown on my lips. I pressed my lips together as I studied the Lords for a few seconds before I let the shadows melt away from me. Their reactions were hilarious, they all seemed quite startled by my sudden appearance.

"You called for me Mother Miranda?" I questioned as I tilted my head, staring at the woman sitting in the center of the room. She still had that stupid mask of hers on it and I narrowed my eyes slightly as I stared into her eyes.

"Yes, I thought it was time that you start attending meetings," Mother Miranda said, surprisingly being the first one to break eye contact. "After all you have already met them haven't you?" she asked sweetly, her voice laced with honey. The hairs raised on my arms at how fake her voice sounded.

"No I haven't. I've only met Lord Moreau and Lady Dimitrescu," I said simply, the lady's name rolling off my tongue.

"Oh, you never got to meet the other Lords? How terrible," Mother Miranda said as she smirked slightly. "This is Lady Beneviento and Lord Heisenburg," she said, flicking her hand to gesture to the Lords she was speaking of.

Lady Beneviento was a woman I had definitely heard of. This was the first time I had ever seen her though. She was a woman dressed in a black dress that covered all of her. The only thing I could see was her hands. Even her face was covered by a long black veil.

The creepiest thing was that she had a doll sitting on her lap. It was dressed in a wedding dress but that wasn't the most unsettling thing about it. It was clearly sentient based on the way it was moving and staring at me.

"What are you staring at?" the doll asked, its voice being quite pitchy. I looked it over for another moment before snorting.

"A talking doll?" I said dryly as I raised an eyebrow. "Not a smart one apparently," I muttered under my breath, earning a snort from Lord Heisenberg. I turned my attention to him, studying him as I tilted my head slightly.

"What are you staring at?" Lord Heisenberg asked as he looked at me. He was wearing sunglasses indoors, which automatically meant that he was untrustworthy.

"Someone who needs to learn how to use shampoo?" I asked with a small smile, grinning at the look of fury on his face. Salvatore chuckled slightly, the sound deep and throaty.

"What are you laughing about fish breath?" Lord Heisenberg snapped, making my eyes narrow. My hands twitched as I melted into the shadows behind him. The shadows bent to my will and reached out, the tendrils of shadow wrapping around him. The look of panic on his face would have made me laugh if I wasn't so angry.

"Apologize Heisenberg," I whispered as the shadows started to travel towards his throat. "Now," I hissed under my breath while staring at him.

"I'm sorry," he choked out right as my shadows started to wrap around his threat. The shadows slowly came back to me and I stepped out of the shadows to stand next to Mother Miranda. She was staring at me in some sort of awe and horror.

"Do you like my new powers Mother Miranda?" I said with an unsettling grin, feeling the drain from using shadows like a vessel for my power. I had never controlled my powers like that, I had just acted on instinct when I had seen the hurt look on Sal's face at being called fish breath.

"Yes they are quite intriguing," Mother Miranda hummed in thought as she looked at me with a look of thoughtfulness. I had never seen her look so interested in me before and it was kind of alarming.

"Mother Miranda, she tried to kill me," Lord Heisenberg said. He was rubbing his neck where the shadows had wrapped around it.

"Perhaps you should learn to watch your tongue," I retorted simply. "Much like you should learn to watch your lycans," I smirked when he started in anger.

"What have you been doing to them?" he hissed as he looked up at the lycans that lurked in the upper floors of the room. I grinned as I melted into the shadows and appeared next to the one he was looking at. The lycan startled and snarled at me, the snarl stopping when I touched its head.

"Good puppy," I whispered as I pet the top of the lycans head. I had learned the more animalistic ones quite enjoyed my presence especially when I showed them where some hunters had been at. Hungry lycans were mean lycans so I simply made sure they ate plenty when I was around. "I've won their allegiance, Heisenberg," I called to him.

"That's impossible," Lord Heisenberg stammered as his lycan growled at him. "It shouldn't be possible," he muttered as he looked at Salvatore.

"How could you have gained their allegiance?" Lady Dimitrescu asked. I dropped down from the rafter I was standing on with the lycan to land lightly in front of her. I turned my back to her and reached back, unbuttoning the top two buttons of my dress. I pulled it to the side so she could see the lycan bite on my shoulder.

"One of them bit me when I went to visit the Lords last month. Apparently I don't taste good," I said simply. I shivered as I felt one of Lady Dimitrescu's gloved fingers trace over the bite.

"Heisenberg, you can't even keep those mutts of yours under control," Lady Dimitrescu. The anger in her voice made me freeze.

"It's not my fault that she got bit," Lord Heisenberg argued. "Maybe if you actually kept an eye on her, it wouldn't have happened big bitch," he stated.

"I was the one who instructed her to go to your factory Karl," Mother Miranda interjected into the conversation. Lord Heisenberg seemed to falter as he looked at her. "Keep the lycans under control or I will have them disposed of," she said simply.

"You've never cared before if they bit someone," Lord Heisenberg muttered as he sat back in his chair, glaring at me.

"Mother Miranda cares, oh poor Heisenberg," the creepy doll sing songed as it leapt out of its seat. Lord Heisenberg glared at it when it raced over to him.

"This family has too much drama," I muttered as I morphed into the shadows, deciding to travel back to Castle Dimitrescu before Mother Miranda could call out to stop me.