Girls

*Evie's P.O.V*

When I woke up, I felt very groggy. My head kind of hurt because my body was still trying to catch up on all the sleep that I had lost. I whined, burying my head into my pillow. When I felt the pillow move, I lifted my head with wide eyes and saw Lady Dimitrescu looking down at me.

"Kill me now," I muttered softly and heard her chuckle. I was in her bed, using her arm as my pillow. I wanted to die and I hoped it was sooner rather than later.

"I am rather attached to you, I do not believe I will be killing you anytime soon," Lady Dimitrescu asked.

"Maybe Cassandra will if I ask nicely," I muttered, making her chuckle softly.

"The girls are rather attached to you so they would not harm you either," Lady Dimitrescu said. I huffed at that, feeling her hand run through my hair. Her fingers gently worked through my hair and I smiled softly at the feeling.

"I'm pretty sure Cassandra only tolerates me and Bela is kind to me but I don't think she likes me. Only Daniela seems attached to me," I said simply.

"Cassandra likes you, she just is a bit much for most people. She has a bit of a temper on her which tends to scare people away," Lady Dimitrescu chuckled. It was different to see her without her makeup, her face seemed much softer without it. Like she was relaxed.

"And Bela?" I asked curiously. I thought about moving to get up but I quite liked the smell of Lady Dimitrescu's perfume, the thought made my cheeks darken slightly.

"She is a bit distant with everyone, that is just how she is. She is actually quite fond of you and has let me know that she would be most cross if you were to leave," Lady Dimitrescu said.

"And her being cross is a bad thing?" I asked.

"Bela rarely gets cross especially when it comes to guests leaving. You are one of the first, besides Donna and one of the maids, that she actually enjoys having around," Lady Dimitrescu stated.

"So what I am hearing is that I am a favorite," I said simply.

"Yes, you are a favorite," Lady Dimitrescu chuckled.

"That's all I needed to know," I stated as I morphed into the shadows before hesitating and reappearing back on her bed. "Thanks for letting me sleep with you," I said, my cheeks burning as I realized how that sounded. "Not with you but in your bed, that's what I meant," I managed to say before I slipped back into the shadows and teleported to the library.

My face burned as I reformed in the library and I had to stop myself from slamming my head into the table. I was never going to talk to Lady Dimitrescu again. I was going to throw myself off the roof of this home headfirst.

"Are you okay?" Bela's voice made me turn around to face her and I threw myself onto the couch.

"No, I just said the most embarrassing thing ever to your mother and I want to die," I muttered as I buried my face into the couch.

"What did you say that could possibly make you want to die?" Bela questioned curiously as she raised an eyebrow.

"I accidentally said something that made it sound like I was thanking her for sleeping with her," I said.

"You slept with my mother?" Bela asked, her voice sounding shocked.

"No, see what I mean? How I said it made it sound like that but I just slept in her bed, that was it," I whined as I dropped my head into my hands.

"Ah yes, I can see how it could be interpreted in that way," Bela said quietly. "I would appreciate it if you stick to misinterpretations and do not actually sleep with my Mother," she stated.

"I don't want to sleep with your mom, I promise," I muttered.

"That is good to know," Bela said, sounding relieved.

I moved to pick up my book, making her raise an eyebrow. I flushed as I realized that she was staring at me and I looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"You like that book?" Bela asked, a small smile on her lips.

"It's a bit hard to understand but I do like it," I stated simply.

"It is one of mother's favorites," Bela said as her smile turned into a smirk. I groaned at that, hitting my head with the book. "Why did you do that?" she asked.

"I didn't need to be told that, you've ruined it for me," I stated.

"Because it is my mother's favorite?" Bela asked in confusion.

"Yes, I don't need anything to remind me of your mother right now. I can't stop wanting to dive off a cliff when I remember how I embarrassed myself earlier," I said. My cheeks felt hot at the thought.

"Mother was right, you do blush a lot and very easily," Bela said, making me sputter slightly.

"Your mother has talked about how much I blush?" I asked, my voice squeaking just a bit. I cleared my throat trying to ignore the look Bela gave me.

"Yes," Bela said as she sat on the edge of the couch.

"Why?" I asked as I turned my head to look at her.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Cassandra's voice scared me and I nearly fell off the couch with how much I jumped.

"That was mean," I huffed as I turned my head and saw Cassandra sitting on top of a bookshelf.

"Yes, I am mean," Cassandra said with a small smirk on her lips. I rolled my eyes as she dropped down from the bookshelf, disappearing into a swarm and then reforming on the table.

"I am glad you can acknowledge your faults," I said with a small smirk.

"I'll slit your throat," Cassandra threatened, making me roll my eyes.

"Mind your manners," Bela stated as she swatted Bela's arm.

"Cassandra's in trouble," Daniela's voice made me spin around. I looked up and she was upside down, her fingernails digging into the ceiling.

"You girls are so creepy," I stated simply as I crossed my arms over my chest.