Chapter 20

Some talk of violence, mainly verbal and implied child abuse

First year- Merry Christmas

Sirius Black

He had finally convinced his sister to get out of the room. The girl was feeling ill and so Sirius let her sleep in their dorm so she wouldn't wake up alone on Christmas. The girl had insisted that she didn't want to sleep in any of the other beds, it seemed, in her wods, invasive and she didn't want to sleep with Sirius cause "he snored '' so she transformed in her animagus form and slept on a pillow on the desk, which annoyed Sirius.

"Merry Christmas," Sirius said, stifling a yawn. He woke up Athena and Remus. The cat had scratched him when he tried to wake it up and Remus had thrown him a pillow. "This is what I get for having Christmas spirit. ¡Wake up!" and they did. They found gifts placed on their beds, James had told Sirius that he would send them  presents to their dorm, and tell everyone else too as well.

Peter had sent him a box of frogs, and there was an annual of his favorite quidditch team from James, which made him smile. Thena opened a why Quidditch is worth your time scroll of paper from James which made Sirius laugh uncontrollably, Peter didn't get her anything and she wasn't complaining about it.

"Merry Christmas," Remus responded when he finally got up, "I didn't get anyone any presents," He scratched his ear, looking a bit guilty, "I didn't know they would..."

"Don't worry about it," Sirius reassured him, heading into the bathroom, "No one expected you to." Thena slapped him behind the head "Stop" he said and she rolled her eyes "No worries Remus, I got you chocolate, you know, that one that you always complain is too expensive" the boys eyes widened and he looked uncomfortable

"Thank you so much, '' he said while opening the four chocolate tablets that were wrapped in deep blue paper. "Don't mention it" the boy turned slightly red. SIrius got annoyed

"Yeah, well, I got you" he made drum noises and extended his arms at the boy "That sweater that you pointed at the time I showed you that clothes catalog my mother sent me" he gave the boy the gift, he had put it in a green box with a silver lace around it. The boy took it with shaky hands, as if the box would bite him, and opened it slowly. He took the sweater out, and looked at it with big eyes. He seemed to not have received presents in his life, he understood the feeling and didn't pressure a reaction out of the boy.

"That's beautiful Sirius, didn't know you had a heart! Well, Remus put it on!" his sister said. He did and for some reason Sirius got bright pink. He looked really good, the blue made his yellowish eyes stand out more than before, if that's even possible.Athena turned around and shook Sirius shoulder as if to get his attention but he was looking at Remus

"Thank you, both of you" he turned even more red.

Athena was still shaking hi shoulder, he finally turned and his eyes widened as well. Remus stared at them as they were staring at a box on the floor.

"It's from Andromeda!" He explained to Remus, who had responded to his enthusiasm with a bemused grin. When he pulled a record out of the package, Remus's eyes lit up, and he hurried over. Athena pulled hers out as well and they started reading the records.

Every holiday, Andromeda sent them a muggle album. It was how Sirius had amassed his collection—his most prized possessions, aside from his wand. This one had a black cover, overlaid with an image of a man standing in front of a huge amplifier, playing a guitar. The one Athena had in her hands, displayed a pair of pants close up.

Electric Warrior read the text on his T-Rex."Ohhh, T-Rex, I think I've heard of them," Remus murmured. Sirius flipped the album over, eagerly scanning the track listing.