Chapter 32

Reggie has some bad thoughts and some harsh words

Regulus Black

Regulus felt like he was about to slap his brother and kill the other boy as soon as he finished explaining.

Sirius just came back and now he wanted to leave him, again! And the worst part is he will most definitely want to bring Athena with him. Although he was sure the girl would decline the offer but still. Sirius wanted him alone in that old, dark house filled pof past ghosts that keep invading his sleep. Did he really care so little for him? Did he really not stop to think of the consequences of him leaving ?

So, before he knew it, he was talking.

"I could tell her," he said.

That look on his brother's face had said it all. Regulus felt as if he just slapped him. Now it was definitely Sirius that was mad at him, now they were definitely fighting.

They were no longer alone, Athena had come back, and besides, there was really nothing to say anyway. They didn't speak to each other on the journey home, nor when the door shut behind them. The silence grew, a living thing, as they both withdrew to their bedrooms. He was livid. Furious, hot with anger, enraged.

He snuck into Athena's room and found Nana spreading lazily on her bed. He would never admit it, especially to her, but cats had always been his favorite animal.

"Nana, hey, get up please," he said, on the verge of tears.

The cat opened her eyes, stretched and jumped out of the bed, transforming back into his sister.

"Reginald. What is it?"

"Don't call me that" he said with a breathy laugh

"Sure. Prick."

"At least your self aware"

"Hey!"

"Sorry" he laughed again. He was trying so hard to find the right word to use that moment. He decides to start by telling her about the blonde boy's offer.

"I know. He asked me to go with him"

He knew he would. This felt like betrayal at so many levels it was indescribable. And he knew he wasn't over doing it because this hurt way too much for it to be out of pity or fake even.

"I won't go tough" she said when she saw a tear roll down his face "Either way, Walburga wont let him, she hates the Pettigrews."

"She will, he knows how to play his cards, he showed us after all" she bit her lip.

"He doesn't care that I'll be alone, that they did this" he said pointing at hi sribs "because of him and that I took it without complaining"

"Us"

"What?"

"They did that because of us. Not Sirius, Sirius and I"

Oh

"Sorry" she said "No, Im sorry"

"Good, you should be. Look Sirius wants to leave because he found his platonic soul mate, he found Potter and honestly I don't blame him. Sirius is happy when hes with us but we are messed up just as much as he is, he needs someone that isnt for a change, he needs a bit of happy, pink in his life, just as we do. I love you, Sirius loves you as well and you wound him by ignoring him. You hurt me as well but I don't like to complain as much as he does. I found three girls that, the day of the sorting when I was desperate for something, anything, made me laugh and I don't want to give that up, that doesn't mean I will give my brothers up. Not for them. Not for anyone."