visiting hours.

Noah stood on the other side of the door, still in his uniform. His gun hung from his side and Delilah could see the fabric of his shirt was wrinkling. There were dark circles under his eyes and he looked like he had been run ragged or at least into the ground.

She couldn't help but feel bad that she hadn't seen the man since their lunch together a lifetime ago. Granted, she had basically been put on bed rest and hadn't left the house since Melissa allowed her to go home with Derek.  

Upon seeing Delilah he visually sighed before gathering the girl into a warm, fatherly hug. "Delilah it is so good to see you. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to stop by before. How are you?"

Delilah chuckled into the man as she returned his hug with her one unrestricted arm.

"Hi Noah. I'm glad to see you as well."

"I tried calling, but there was no answer, so I panicked."

Delilah smacked her forehead lightly completely forgetting about her phone. "My phone got lost in the chaos of everything. I've been meaning to get it replaced but it has obviously slipped my mind."

Noah, happy to see Delilah was at least in better health, laughed lightly along with her.

"Come in Noah, I've got coffee cake in the kitchen and I'll throw on a pot of decaf coffee."

Noah followed Delilah into the house, catching his first glimpse ever of the inside of Willow residence. He wasn't sure what to expect but in a way it was exactly what he imagined. Edith was a a knowledgable person and no matter what problem you seemed to have in Beacon Hills, she tended to know the answer. He wondered if that was due to the many books surrounding the house's walls and if they would help Delilah become the advice giver her aunt once was.

Delilah gestured to the small table in the kitchen and turned the coffee maker on to start a new pot. Noah watched as she moved around the kitchen expertly with one arm in her sling before serving a slice of fresh apple cinnamon coffee cake and a steaming cup of coffee.

"You know Delilah, if I didn't know you already worked at the hospital, I would think you ran a Cafe."

"Well with the amount you all eat, I basically do," she winked at him.

They fell into an easy silence as Delilah watched Noah sip his coffee. He looked so tired and wished she had more details on what was happening in town. It was now that she was beginning to realize her position at the hospital afforded her with a healthy dose of gossip and kept her in the know. Everything came together that much easier after Derek confirmed the existence of the supernatural.  

Noah twisted his coffee cup in his hand as he worked up the nerve to begin the conversation he initially came to have with the woman he saw as one of his own. 

"I read your statement, the one Tara took," Noah scratched the back of neck, a trait he often exhibited when he was nervous. "I'm so sorry for everything that happened and as much as I'm supposed to say impartial in situations like this as the Sheriff, I'm glad Kate Argent was found dead."

Delilah closed her eyes momentarily has she remembered Kate's final scream as Peter ripped out her throat. She hadn't seen it happen but the sound was something she would carry with her for the rest of her life. Delilah forced a smile at Noah as she took a sip of her coffee.

"But there are just a few things that just don't add up."

Taking a deep breath, she put her coffee down on the table before running her free hand through her hair. The ends were knotted and she hopped Derek could help her untangle it later. 

"I know," she agreed. "I feel like I'm missing so much time. Melissa said it was probably caused by the concussion. I may not fully ever remember what happened, but give it time and I should get there."