plan b.

Delilah's strained lungs took in a deep, even breath. The room no longer had a metalic smell to it that burnt the side of her nose, instead the familiar scent of damp woods surrounded her. Delilah's eyes fluttered open and blearily tried to focus. She let out a groan as her muscles felt stiff and her mouth, it tasted plain awful.

She moved slightly and felt the weight of a hand threaded heavily into her hair. Smacking her lips together she turned and found Peter and Erica watching her from the end of the bed.

"Hey guys?" She questioned with a confused crackle in her voice. "What are you doing?"

Delilah's eyes opened further as she realized they were in her bedroom and Derek was completely unresponsive at her side.

Neither visitors spoke as they stared at her with wide unblinking eyes.

Delilah moved her arm to shake Derek, surprised again that he wasn't awake, especially with the others in the room. It was very unlike him.

"Der," she whispered when his hand twisted further into one of her curls. "Peter and Erica are being weird?"

Aside from his hand flexing, Derek didn't otherwise move from his position.

"Derek?" Delilah asked again as she sat up a little higher on the bed.

"Okay, don't freak out..." Peter started.

"Freak out?" Delilah asked suspiciously. "Why would I freak out?"

She lifted her arm up and felt it move numbly with her. Like a full body ache from not moving from the same position for a very long time.

"Derek?" Delilah asked again.

"Do you remember what happened?" Peter cut in impatiently.

Delilah blinked with confusion at the two. "What do you mean? We were waiting for the alphas and Derek said to stay here until he said it was okay to come down?"

Peter sighed as Erica bit her lip.

"It's been a few days since then," Erica said slowly.

Delilah's forehead furrowed in confusion, "I don't understand? What do you mean a few days?"

"You were in the hospital." Erica said softly.

"Why?" Delilah looked over body to check for any damage but everything looked to be in place.

"The darach poisoned you." Erica calmly told her.

"Actually it was Jennifer." Peter added under his breath.

"Jennifer? Derek's stalker Jennifer? Jennifer like Issac's teacher, Jennifer?"

"The same." Erica confirmed with a sigh.

"Wait, Jennifer is the darach?" Delilah asked while rubbing her forehead. "And she poisoned me?"

Erica nodded to both questions.

"Derek?" Delilah tried again. None of this is making any sense.

"He might take longer to wake up," Peter sighed.

Delilah held her hands up to stop the two from continuing as she felt Derek shift slightly. "This is all really confusing and I need a minute. Can you give me a minute?"

Erica stood up and flicked Peter on the shoulder for him to do the same. "Of course. We will be downstairs and I will start something for dinner. You're going to need to eat something soon. And in the mean time, you need to drink this."

Erica moved to Delilah's side of the bed and poured a pitcher of water into an empty glass.

Delilah nodded as she accepted the glass and downed the contents with a sigh. Her throat burned with a dryness she was not expecting. Erica offered another glass before squeezing her shoulder in comfort.