blood thirst (1)

Present:

Delilah held her head in her hands as she stood outside on the roof of the loft. A deep sob racked through her body and she tried to muffle it behind her palm.

A clang sounded behind her as she tried to rub away the tear stains that marked her face. The result was futile as now the blood from her hands was smeared under her eyes.

"Fuck," she cried as she lifted the end of her shirt hopping that would clean the mess. Stop the pain.

Delilah knew it wouldn't.

She felt the weight of the ring on her left hand and twisted at the band. It slipped easily from her finger and she held the bloodied diamond in front of her face.

She didn't deserve it. Not right now. Not after what she'd done, not after what he's seen.

He'd have to let her go.

- - - - -

Past:

"You got me flowers!" Delilah laughed gleefully as Derek waited for her in the car outside of the shop.

Melissa had said her goodbyes by the time he was back from the florist and Erica had left with Boyd. Apparently the two were off to the diner before seeing a movie at the local theatre. Delilah wanted to call it what she suspected it was, a date, but she didn't want to discourage whatever was flourishing between the two betas. She thought it was cute and she was of course a sucker for love.

With the early September evening setting in and the street lights just on the cusp of flicking on, Derek wanted to do nothing more than whisk Delilah home to show her what he had planned for their night. He kissed the back of her hand as he pulled into traffic.

Delilah admired her flowers in her lap as she ran her fingers across the white petals of each individual bloom. They were soft between her fingers and each small movement she made against them stirred their sweet smell into the confined space of the car.

"You know," she said as she rolled her head against the seat rest to look at Derek, "I could get use to this."

"Shopping and flowers?" He smiled at her.

"Among other things..."

Derek raised an eyebrow as he squeezed her hand, "care to elaborate."

Delilah pursed her lips as she looked at him. She would be a happy girl if she got to spend the rest of her evening just staring at him constantly flexing his hand's grip nervously on the steering wheel as he guided them through the slowly darkening streets of Beacon Hills, but she knew Derek had other plans on his mind or at least he did.

"I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now or we will never get home."

The slight darkening of his eyes gave away that he was more than willing to pull over onto the side of the road at a moments notice and the look caused a series of butterflies to flutter in her chest.

"Der," she said, hoping to distract him with her hand resting delicately on his thigh as he turned into the industrial part of town. "You gonna tell me what you have planned?"

A smiled curled at the corner of his mouth. "Nope."

Her face fell slightly.

He caught her change of expression and reached out to grasp her chin lightly. "Hey now, no pouting."

"So you'll tell me?" She asked hopefully.

"You're very impatient today. Just wait a few more minutes-"