dance with the devil.

"Derek, we don't have time for this." Delilah  pressed as she turned back to Peter who was watching her with a calculating smile.

Derek narrowed his eyes at his uncle. He knew something and by the look on his face he wouldn't easily share.

"Peter you're wasting our time." Derek repeated Delilah's sentiment with an angry bark to his words. 

"Just go," Peter sighed dramatically. He leaned back in the chair so his head was tilted upwards to face the ceiling and let out a dramatic sigh. "I'll be here, wasting away..."

Delilah's eye twitched. "You know what Peter, if you're going to be a manipulative jerk, then I will gladly play your game."

Delilah stomped from her spot at Derek's side and grabbed the leftovers from the fridge. She placed the container on the kitchen counter and slid a hunk of lasagna on to a plate. Slamming the lid closed, she replaced the container and picked up the plate with a white knuckled hand. Delilah walked quickly over to Peter and set the food directly in front of him. 

He looked at her with an appreciative smile. He was very much done with the processed food he had been consuming over the past few days. "Thank you kitten." 

Delilah savoured the drop in his expression as she pushed the plate forward with the tip of her finger so it was just out of his reach.

"Bon appétit," she whispered into his ear.

Peter threw her a furious look as he struggled against the ropes. He cried out as he twisted in his temporary prison and the bindings burned into his skin. All he wanted was to eat without such a hassle.

Backing away from the fuming man, she turned and grabbed Derek's hand so they could leave down the elevator.

"What do you think he meant by basement?" He asked as he watched the elevator door close and squeezed her hand. Peter always did this, even when Derek was a kid. When ever Derek would grow bored of their games, he would keep pulling him back in with some stupid statement or story. As an adult, Derek now knew it was a tactic used to manipulate him so he would do whatever Peter wanted. 

Delilah felt the elevator move quickly to the first floor and the couple stood hand in hand as they waited for the doors to open.

"I don't know," she sighed thinking about the stupid man who was probably trying to figure out how to reach the food on the table without burning his skin further against the ropes. Part of her hoped he would chance permeant damage and they would come home to him lying on the floor with food all over his face.

"I'm installing an alarm system this week," he muttered.

"I don't doubt that," she sighed as she used one hand to send a message to Issac. They would be late for his game and he hadn't sent her an update. She didn't like when he didn't check in especially with the kanima still running around and Gerard lurking around dark corners. 

She contemplated asking Melissa if she could see him, but she knew she was probably too excited to see Scott play and the likelihood her message would only vibrate at the bottom of her purse was too high. 

When Delilah had dropped off "Lycanthropy for Beginners" at her house earlier in the week for her to better understand Scott, she admitted the entire situation seemed too far out there to seem real. Delilah understood she needed time to process everything and wanted to respect that, even if that meant stepping back for her and Scott to work together.

Instead she sent a message to Noah who had inquired why they weren't at the field yet.

'We will be there soon, promise and tell Issac to check his phone.' She replied.