jail break.

The next morning Isaac sat at the kitchen table with a far away look in his eyes.

Delilah placed a plate of pancakes in front of him and rested a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Issac immediately leaned into her hold and let out a shuddering breath.

"We will sort it out. Don't worry. In the mean time, have some breakfast. I can hear your stomach rumbling from here."

Issac picked up his fork and began to eat. At least he had an appetite. She left him to finish in peace and knocked on Derek's office door.

"He's eating now." She said softly. Derek was sitting at his desk with a stack of books around him, many Delilah had never seen before.

He looked from his reading and gestured for her to come in close. Pulling her to sit on his lap, he took in a heavy breath of her morning scent.

"I know what I would be eating if he wasn't here." He whispered in her ear. He was so close she could feel his tongue caressing her as he spoke.

Delilah slapped his chest with a light laugh.

"Behave."

Kissing the side of her head, he returned to the book, "Introduction to Night Creatures."

"Any luck so far?"

"No, his description was to vague. Although I do believe it is another supernatural creature, I'm just not sure what."

She hummed in agreement. "We will figure it out. "Issac wants to go to school at least for the second half. I think he needs to do something in his regular routine to process what is happening. He also has lacrosse practice after school and if he is anything like Scott, he's looking for a physical outlet."

Derek rolled his eyes at lacrosse. This was the worst sport to play as a newly turned werewolf but no matter how many times he voiced his opinion on the subject, everyone always did the opposite.

"I'll go watch. I'm sure Scott will sniff out another wolf in now time or at least try too."

"Perfect. I'll take him in and come back here to help you continue reading."

She leaned up to kiss his lips and went to move away but before she could, Derek squeezed the side of her hip tenderly.

"Don't be gone to long."

"Why? You want to play naughty librarian when I'm back?"

Derek perked up at the thought and almost fell out of his chair as Delilah licked the bottom of his ear.

She was out the door before he could comprehend and let out a disapproving growl which was followed by the tinkling of her laughter.

- - - - -

Delilah didn't come back right away and her absence unsettled Derek.

Checking his phone, he saw he had no new messages from Delilah. He nervously twirled his phone in his hand as he contemplated if he should give her a call. He didn't want to come across as the needy and overly protective boyfriend but his wolf had entirely other plans.

The town was crawling with hunters and now some unknown danger, and what if something happened to her?

Deciding that calling her wouldn't hurt and she wouldn't be annoyed with him checking in, he selected her number in his phone. Just as he was about to hit call, he was surprised to see that he now was recieving an incoming call from Delilah.

"Lilah are you okay?"

"Well hello to you as well Mr. Hale. I just wanted to let you know I'm at Melissa's. She had the early shift and now wants to make waffles and have girl talk."