elevator games.

Author's Note: Mature content (as requested).

"There is no way I'm letting this happen," Delilah said sternly as she watched the ice slosh in the freezing water.

Deaton looked calmly at her, then over to Issac. "Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... comfortable. But, if we can slow Issac's heart rate down enough, he'll slip into a trance-like state."

"Like being hypnotized?" Issac asked as Delilah's hold on his hand tightened.

"Exactly. You'll be half-transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

"Half-transformed? No, absolutely not," Delilah said with a panic. "Derek, come on, you cant be okay with this?"

"Lilah-" Derek started softly as he held his hand against the small of her back.

He was quickly interrupted by Scott. 

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Scott asked, hoping to put Delilah's mind at ease.

"Very slow."

Derek could see the slight wobble to Delilah's lip as her hand tightened almost uncomfortably on Issac. "Okay, well, how slow is 'very slow?'"

Deaton avoided making eye contact, "...Nearly dead."

"Nope, nope, nope." Delilah chanted. Derek could hear her heart rate picking. And if he could her it, so could Issac. She pulled on Issac to direct him to the door. He gently stopped her as he continued the hold of her hand.

"It's safe though, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

Issac sighed, "No. No, not really."

Delilah looked at Derek and wanted nothing more for them to leave. Derek didn't like the stress radiating from Delilah but knew this was the only way they might get further answers to were Erica and Boyd were. "Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this..."

"No, I want to. I need to." Issac turned to Delilah. "You have to trust me mom. Let me do this."

Delilah searched his face for any traces of doubt. She did not want him to feel pressured to do this. He smiled back at her reassuringly. His confidence made her doubt waiver.

"Okay," Delilah said quietly as she conceded to him. "I trust you."

Issac hugged her tightly and he felt as she placed a kiss on the crown of his head. Derek clapped a hand on his shoulder and gave him a half smile. Issac acknowledged his support with a shared look between himself and his alpha.

"Okay," Deaton said, "let's get you in." He gestured to the now full ice bath.

Issac nodded as he moved over to the bag he hand brought with him from home. He removed his shirt and shoes. Delilah took them from his hand and folded them on top of the sweater Deaton had recommended they bring. Her hands shook slightly as she smoothed out the fabric.

Issac looked hesitantly at Derek and Delilah as he grasped the edge of the metal side.

"You'll stay right?"

Delilah could only nod as Derek squeezed her hand.

Issac touched the water and recoiled for a second before taking the plunge in. "It's so cold."

"It's ice water," Stiles mumbled. "What were you expecting, a relaxing soak in a hot spring."

"Shut it," Derek said as he grit his teeth at Isaac's obvious discomfort.

"Delilah, close your eyes." Derek said as he kissed her lips softly. "Everything will be alright."

Delilah did as instructed. She waited.