butterfly kisses.

Previously on Keeper:

Delilah was experiencing a drop in body temperature that was causing her husband to reach out for help.

Issac had woken up in the hospital to find his small family surrounding him and while this time should have been a joyous one, he couldn't help a nagging feeling of anxiety bubble up in his stomach when the familiar smell of graveyard dirt filled his lungs.

Nobody had heard from Stiles.

Warning: This chapter contains adult situations including sex, violence and strong language. Reader's discretion is advised. 

- - - - -

Before the Hales were out the hospital door to check in on Noah and Chris at the station, Melissa insisted on drawing Delilah's blood. She wanted to run a a few tests. Chase a few theories. Collaborate with Deaton. And the best way to do that was by the quick exam she had mentioned to Derek when they first arrived that morning.

Delilah hated it, more than Derek realized she would. As a nurse, she of course recognized something was wrong with her and had agreed to Melissa's tests but when she was approached with the needle to draw her blood, Delilah had lashed out.

It was not enough to cause Melissa any harm but it was enough for her to recognize that unlike her, Delilah was not human.

"Erica is going to let us know as soon as her and Issac are home," Derek reminded Delilah after turning the cruiser's passenger seat warmer on to its highest setting.

Delilah fiddled with the gloves on her hands. "Should we feel bad about not taking him home? I mean, I always thought we would when he woke up."

"No," Derek reassured. "He knows that a lot has happened since he's been out and Erica needed to take the other car home anyway."

He gave her a look over the sunglasses perked on his nose to avoid glare from the snow lined streets. "I wish you would let me replace it..."

Delilah rolled her eyes, "we've already had this conversation, Der. We will not be touching that car until it decides it no longer wants to drive forward or backwards. Or sideways, if I have it my way."

"So... we can replace it as soon as it breaks down?"

Derek heard Delilah turn in her seat to face him while he kept his eyes on the road. "Don't get any funny thoughts there, mister. Because when it decides to finally die, I will demand a full autopsy to make sure it hasn't been tampered with. She deserves a natural death."

She turned back in her seat to face the windshield, a slight smile on her face.

Derek reached over to rest his hand on her thigh. Her legs were angled towards him and she sighed happily at the contact. 

"I have no doubt you would."

"And because you know I would, is precisely why all the kids are taking mechanics in school to ensure they can fix it if it breaks down."

Derek let out a full laugh as he rolled his eyes at his wife.

"Yes, honey."

He pulled in next to Noah's cruiser and stopped the car. The parking lot seemed to be busier than normal.

Delilah leaned her head back momentarily and turned her head to the side. On the opposite side of the small parking lot, there was a car that she didn't recognize. It was black, with full tinted windows, so dark that she couldn't even see inside. It obviously belonged to someone who did not live in town. 

"What is he doing?" Derek mumbled to himself while Delilah tried to read the licence plate. 

Delilah rolled her head to look at him to ask if he could figure out who it belonged to. His sunglasses were off and his eyes were set on the rear view mirror. Delilah turned around and saw Noah rushing from the station to his car parked next to theirs.