Chapter 1 Juliette

Bling, bling, bling. The sound of my alarm. Today is the day. I quickly get up and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple tank top. I look over at my dresser and saw a beautiful neckless that had a silver bat with with a little red stone in the middle. It came with a note that said

Have a great first day. Cherish this gift and never take it off. That is how you know I am here -mom

I smile at the thoughtful letter and then I go to the bathroom to brush my hair. I look in the mirror and I see a pale face from not enough sun light. Blue eyes that shone. I'm different than other vampires, yes I know. But I am mortal and I have to accept that. Lord, I can't wait for the Changing
On that happy note I walk down the long corridor and go into the dining room. When I walk in I see ham, eggs, andoranhe juice on the table. Of course the waiters out did themselves, bless their undead hearts! Behind the bouquet of black and red roses, I see my sister, Vanessa. She looked up at me with purple eyes. Vampires can not hide their emotions. Purple eyes means sad.
"What's wrong." I ask her.
"Nothing."
"That's something stupid to say. I know something is bothering you." I look her deeply in the eyes, then she looked away and a lock of her jet black hair falls into her eyes." You can tell me anything." She finally looks back up to me and says,
"I keep thinking about the prophecy."
"Don't worry about the stupid prophecy. You are one of the most responsible, nicest people I know. How can you be a disgrace to the kingdom." I reply
"Stop trying to be nice. I'm one of the only people you know, and I even know I can be a total jerk sometimes"
"Maybe," I pause, " but I know that you wouldn't do anything to this kingdom or any other kingdom."
"How the hell do you know that Juliette!" She shouts," prophecys are never wrong and you can't change them. If one thing goes wrong in this kingdom they will incriminate me and you know it!" She finishes.
"Girls?" A deep, powerful voice says. Vanessa and I both turn around and see our father. King Malakast. "No need to yell." He continues. Vanessa looks down at her shoes. As for me, I look him straight in the eyes the whole time and I apologize.
"I hope you girls have a good day at school and as for you Vanessa, keep an eye on Juliette and show her around." He says. Vanessa nods and starts to walk toward the door. My father hugs me and wishes me a good day. Then I finally run out the door and meet Vanessa.
• • •
I go ahead and let Vanessa fly to school and I walk because I am still a mortal. I am so excited about my Changing. I will finally be a vampire. I am glad I picked my 1800 year to change. Even if you were born a vampire you have to do the Changing to make it official because a lot of vampires want to go the mortal world and live a normal life. If you want to be a vampire and live for eternity( if you can last.) Then you go through it.
The walk to school will take approximately fifteen minutes. I think about things like who I will meet, what goals I will achieve. I only have a year to make friends. Real friends that like me for me and not because I'm a princess.
As I approach the giant black, castle looking building, a grin spread across my face. I never knew I could smile that big. Today is going to be the best day.